Chapter 7 "The Talk- Part 1"

Athena's Point of View

Friday morning rolled in, I woke up with a killer headache from the night before, eyes sensitive to the light, god hangovers were the worst. After the nights festivities, I spent the night at Cassandra's, I wasn't sober enough to return home, without raising some suspicions by my relatives.

I was woken up by the loud groan of Cassandra behind me, clearly also feeling the effects of last night. "Fuuuuuuuuuuck, can someone turn down the sun." she said clinching her head. We both passed out on the bed last night, the alcohol proving to be too much for the both of us. "Last night was crazy." She said. "Could you be quiet, my head, it hurts." I complained irritably after she had woken up. "Someone's grumpy this morning." She added. "Cass not now, it's way too early and I'm way too hangover for this, and I'm imagining so are you." I said. "Fine, well skip the daily banter." She commented thoughtfully. "But you have a point though, last night was crazy." I said. "Derek and Amelia showing up was the tip of the ice berg." I added. "And Paisley making out with Hunter, and Damian making out with your friend Amelia, and let's not forget, you making out with me..." she added to my statement. "Should we talk about that, I know you said last night it didn't mean anything and it was just for fun but.... I don't know, I feel like we should talk about it now that we're both sober." She continued. "Cass, I honestly don't know why I kissed you last night, I just think I'm confused, and I don't know what you should think of it, because I, myself don't know what to think of it." I told her honestly. "We don't have to address the issue right now, seeing though that there are more pressing issues to deal with, with Derek showing up last night and all." she reminded me.

I sighed at the thought it. "Thanks for reminding me." I told her sarcastically. "I remember you promising him that I would meet up with him tomorrow, and that you would make sure of it." I recalled our interaction from last night. "He came all this way to talk things out, the least you can do is here him out, I don't know, maybe it'll change the way you feel about him." She said thoughtfully. "Cass, I don't want to do this, the last time we spoke it didn't end well." I told her with a heavy heart. "I know, but maybe his changed man." She said in his defense. "Who knew you would be the one to talk him up." I commented dryly. "Look just give him a chance, hear what he has to say, and if you don't like it, be honest with about it." She said. "Thanks Cass, that's really helpful. I guess I could give it a shot, what's the worst that could happen, him break my heart all over again." I told her. "If shit goes sideways, I'll be there to swoop in, okay?" she offered. "And I guess he'll bring Amelia too, so y'all can act as buffers." I said.

"I should leave." I said getting up from Cassandra's bed. "My grandparents are probably wondering where I am, thank you for the great party, for the most part, but thank you nonetheless." I said. She giggled in response. "My pleasure, I guess. Text me later about the plan for tomorrow?". "Right, I should call Amelia, see what's her take on everything." I told. "Talk to you later Cass." I said making my way for the door. Cassandra stopped before I could leave. "Athena, wait." She said making her way speedily toward me, and catching me off guard with a kiss. "Cass..." I managed to say breathily once we separated. "I thought I'd return the favour, after you know.... last night." She mischievously. "Cass, that really doesn't help with my situation." I said, taken aback by the sudden gesture. "Maybe it will help influence your decision." She added. "So, you'll text me later then?" she continued. "Sure Cass." I said hurriedly making my way out of her room, and ultimately out the front door, not wanting to run into any other unexpected situations, my Uber waiting outside to take me home.