| Chapter 7 |

Cool air from the cracked window greeted my wet flesh when I exited the steam-filled bathroom. I pranced across the room toward the open window before I slid it closed. I opened my drawer. It was difficult for me to put away the eccentric smile that was plastered across my plush lips when I thought of my blissful slumber.

I pulled a pair of acid washed jeans from the bottom shelf and a graphic crop top that had the superwoman symbol plastered on the front.

I looked at the bed side stand. My phone was glowing as it danced across the nightstand top. Stumbling to catch the call, I grabbed my phone and answered without acknowledging the caller ID.

Hello?"

"Hey what's up?" The familiar male voice had a hint of happiness in it.

"Hey Eric?" I was ecstatic about hearing a good friend's voice.

"What are you doing? I had to call to make sure you were not dead or something." He toyed with me.

"Nope, I'm still breathing."

"Good." He exhaled a breath.

I parted my lips to begin a conversation before my bedroom door burst open. I glanced up in a rage until I noticed the familiar red head that had slipped in.

"Come on, I'm hungry, let's go out." She tugged at my sleeve.

"Sshh." I showed her that I was currently tied up on the phone. .

"Who is it? Your boyfriend? Let me talk to him." Her curiosity heightened as she tried to chime in on the conversation.

"GottogoEricbye." I quickly blurted out before I discounted the line.

"What a bitch." She laughed. "Come on, I want to go out to eat."

"I will meet you downstairs."

"Okay."

Shifting from foot to foot, I stared up at the menu options. My indecisive mind left me to pick anything.

I backed away and stood beside Brittany as she ordered half of the menu. We decided to sit in to eat. Fast food had our food finished and us at our table in no time.

"You mind as well eat the paper too." I watched Brittany practically destroy the wrapper to get to her food.

"Oh shut up, I told you I was hungry."

I began to eat. However, it was hard to ignore the questions that were floating around in my mind. I wanted to ignore the need to ask but I just could not throw it away.

"Brittany, before you stuff another burger down your throat, I have a question." I stopped her momentarily.

"Sure."

"Before, you said the Alpha wasn't always the asshole we know him to be now. What happened?"

She sat her food down. I guess this was going to be an interesting topic.

"Okay. Maybe three years ago, we visited Logan City for a meeting with another pack to discuss problems about the recent hunter attacks. He went there for the meeting, however he found more then he thought he would. He happened to find his mate..."

His mate? So where is she now? Did something bad happen to her? Questions were nipping at me.

"Did she belong to the other pack?"

"No, she was actually... human. Alpha Xavier approached her and asked her out and she agreed to go out on a few dates with him. I don't know why but he did a little digging around and searching, trying to find some information on her and he did."