| Chapter 18 |

STEVEN-

I was standing in a vast field. Light from the moon and stars lit up my surrounding, illuminating a faint glow. A light fog covered the grass just as a light wind passed me by.

I was alone.

I was staring up at the stars, its enjoyable setting putting me into a peaceful bliss. An inhaled breath full of air immediately put me on high alert. The intense stench of blood warned me of potential danger.

I followed the scent. Unknowingly walking into something I wish I would have never found. A dark mass lay in the grass, cloaked under the thick layer of fog. I stepped closer. The dark mass seemed to be identified as a human.

I knelled down in front of the human. Highly determined, I fanned away the thick layer of fog, revealing not one, but two bodies. Two familiar bodies.

No!

Placed side by side on a bed of grass was Amira and Angela. Murdered. Their eyes were wide and colorless. As if there pupils disappeared. However, they were nothing but soulless corpses. I leaned in closer, searching for a breath. Instead, all I discovered was two pieces of silver that shined under the moon's power.

"Dirty animals." A sinister voice had spoken. Its tone laced with nothing but venom and hatred. I turned to face the intruder. Instead, I was faced to face with steal. A gun. A warm gun previously used to kill Amira and Angela was now pointing to me.

I saw the faceless man pull at the trigger before the bullet came spiraling out of the barrel.

Covered in perspiration and panting heavily, I rose from the discomfited bed. The air seemed reedy. I struggled to inhale a breath of air. My heart was pounding along with a headache I had to endure. The dream. It seemed so real. I sought to remind myself that it was nothing more than a dream however I could not forget it.

I knew it would taunt me.

What did it mean? Why them two?

The dream carried in a burden I knew would not cease until I reassured myself they were okay. That they were safe. I stepped out of bed, put on proper clothing before I stepped out of my room.

The halls were dead quiet except for the light creaks of the aging walls and stairways. All was sleep except I so I had to stay discreet. Finding the coast clear, I knocked on the door. A moment passed before the door opened.

Her brown eyes narrowed in on me, her eyebrows woven together in displeasure. She crossed her arms as she looked me over, her lips slightly parted to attempt to allow a few words to slip off of her tongue. I knew my appearance this late was nothing more than a problem but at this moment, I did not care about her attitude. She was safe. A live.

I stiffened. For a moment, I could see her colorless white eyes with a hole in the center of her forehead. A sight I found unsettling and sickening. A horrific vision.

"What time is it? What the hell are you doing up?" She shifted all of her weight onto her good leg.

"I...I.." I tried to muster up a good excuse for waking her up this late in the night. Any excuse that did not involve my dream. "Did you see my game disc?"

Game disc? Really? Out of all of the things in the world, I asked for a video game disc.

"Did you see my fist?" Her tone of voice was quickly down played by a tiresome yawn. "Why are you up playing video games?"

"I don't know. Can't sleep."

"Well take your sleepless ass to your room. I'm tired and your ass should be too." Ending on that note, she closed her bedroom door, leaving me internally laughing at her.