| Chapter 15 |

My bedroom had become my oasis. My hidden world away from the rest. My isolated tundra. My mini home away from home.

My phone? My friend. My bed? Now my lover. My television? My child. My food? All of the above.

I made it this way.

After being put on the 'unavailable' list by Alpha Xavier, I have become obsolete. I have become a figment of someone else's imagination. I began to believe the coffee machine received more attention than me. Ima shame to say no one drinks coffee here.

Communication with others has become scarce. The only real communication I have received was from the ones that could care less about breaking Alpha Xavier's command. Brittany, Allen, and Angela.

What the hell did he say to the others to force them to pull away from me as if I carried a contagious virus?

It had its benefits though. I used it as an excuse for skipping out on training. I always stated that I did not get the memo.

It lasted for a while until that excuse became useless so I had to find another tactic. Sickness became my 'go-to' excuse for the time being. I even purchased a novelty thermometer for safety measures just in case someone wanted proof.

My cellphone vibrated across my small wooden nightstand before I snatched it up. Highlighted across the screen was a small message from Kevin.

After I gave Kevin my number, he and I have kept in contact regularly. Small text messages here and there. It helped us both stay entertained.

I had to admit, talking to someone outside of this pack has been enjoyable. It was good to speak to someone who knew nothing of my current situation.

"You're going to get fat." Her long legs pranced across my room and over to the window before she drew back the material. The sun shined in, giving the room some much deserved light.

"Seriously?"

"Blah blah you did not knock Brittany." She mocked me in a voice that did not resemble mine at all. "You need some sun. Come out."

"I do not feel like it."

"You never feel like doing anything but I think it is best. You're going to sit here and get fat a-and moldy and-"

"Moldy?"

"Look, I did not think the comment through, now get dressed and come downstairs." I slouched deeper into my fluffy oasis. "Now!"

"Fine." I kicked the cotton sheets from my legs. "If it will get you off my damn back."

I shoved passed her. My eyes narrowed in on the bubbly red head, I dragged my weak frame into my bathroom....

I admired my curves in my white blouse and high waist acid washed jeans before I slipped into my wedges. My nerves a little on the edge, I found myself nibbling on my bottom lip as I put on my stud earrings and a necklace.

Brittany, all so anxious to get me out, stood at my bedroom window as she overlooked the trees. Occasionally, her eyes would shift over to me as her small foot tapped against the floor.

"Will you hurry up?"

"Oh shut up." I huffed back.

I slipped on a bracelet and grabbed my cellphone before I dragged myself to the door.....

We stepped onto the side patio. I sighed before I inhaled the lingering smell of chlorine from the in-use pool.

Laughter. Splashing. Yelling. Loud voices screamed and shouted as they swam around in the pool.