| Chapter 21 |

"Come on, please." Brittany continued to nag, pulling and tugging at my arm.

"It's not even time yet."

This girl has been driving me mad. With today being her birthday, she was more excited than we all thought she would be.

"But today is my birthday. What the hell am I still waiting for?"

"But I said I will give you your gift later today."

"Ugh." She refused to take no for a reasonable answer. She began to search the room, looking for anything that would be considered a gift. In boxes. In the bathroom. Under the bed. In the closet. She was unaware that her gift was not really a material item.

"Fine." She gave up the ridiculous search.

The pupil of her eyes narrowed then widened before they returned to their natural state. She was not at all pleased with my ability to hold back with her. Unwilling to accept my no with dignity, she stormed to the door, her feet pounding against the flooring as she exited the room.

"Such a baby." I shook my head.

Walking over to the door, I had hoped she had left me be. Realizing the coast was clear, I closed it, securing my privacy with the lock of the door. Brittany had a habit of appearing unannounced.

I reached for my phone. The phone clicked when I entered my pass code. Dialing in the number, I could only hope everything was going great with the others.

"How's it going?" I questioned her.

"It's coming along. The DJ should be here in ten. I got Steven to remind the other packs too." She confirmed. Thankfully I had Angela on my side. I would have never put this together without her help.

"Good." I felt relieved. "Thank you so much. If I would have done the party myself, she would have been hounding my every move."

"I believe you." She chuckled from the other end. "You're welcome and I will keep you posted."

"Great." We ended the small exchange.

Giving Brittany a party seemed like the right thing to do. I had a few people around the house invite their friends and the friends of their friends. With invites flying across the state, I was sure that tonight would end with a bang. I wanted her to have the time of her life.

With the main event of the night slowly approaching, that seemed to be my main focus. Wardrobe. Hair. I knew I would be preparing myself to handle a majority of Brittany's tasks.

With my mind purely on my phone, I walked into the kitchen, almost surprised to see Xavier in the kitchen digging in the refrigerator. A heavy sigh escaped me. I had something to do. He and I were not on the best of terms and I believe that it should be put to rest.

"Hello Alpha." My voice was sweet. It was rare that I put on my 'innocent' tone.

His eyes shifted from the refrigerator to me.

"What?" His tone was not inviting at all. It was actually intimidating.

"I was wondering if you were coming out tonight. You know, for Brittany's birthday party. I know she would love to have you there." Actually, I doubt she would even care.

He slammed the door of the box. His eyes strictly set on me.

"Does it look like I attend parties?"

Trust me, you need it, maybe it would help pull that stick out of your ass.

"Well fine." My tone was a bit harsh. I turned before I walked toward the exit of the kitchen. "Be an ass then."