| Chapter 9 |

"Dammit Amira, do I have to wake you up every morning?"

I rolled away and pulled the blanket over my tired frame to drown out the scintillating sun and the voice of the intruding red head.

"No, just let me sleep in today." My hand emerged from under the blankets and flagged Brittany away.

"Come on, its training again princess." She snatched the blankets from over my body. She should thank the goddess that last night I opted to put on pajamas.

I gave in and sat up. I knew it was going to be difficult to actually get her to leave me be. I shot her a viscous glare. She smiled, seemly uninfected by my look.

I began to regret my room being so close to hers.....

I emerged from the bathroom. Fully clothed in my training gear, I ran my fingers through my hair before I tightened it into a ponytail to pull it away from my face.

"What are you doing?" I stopped. She was sprawled out across my personal mattress with my cellphone at hand.

"Well, I was determined to flood your cell with selfies. However a text message from Eric had ruined those plans."

"Give me my damn phone." I snatched my phone out of her hands and read the text message:

'You need to come back, boredom is striking.'

I smiled. I treasured the fact that he missed my presence. I shot a quick message in return, assuring him that it was only few more weeks until I was back in my home city. Back home in my bed. Back home with my friends.

"Aaww your boo miss you?"

"Ugh, he is NOT my boyfriend. We never really saw each other that way. We have been friends for years and he doesn't look at me like that."

"Are you sure?" She seemed curious, her eyebrows wiggling mischievously. "Maybe you are oblivious to those signs."

"Yes." I shoved her off of my bed. "I'm sure. Now, let's go, I'm ready."......

I opened the sliding doors and stepped onto the patio porch. The sun was blazing and the air was full of pollen. The humidity was taking a toll on me and I did not even begin training just yet.

"This is what happens when training is delayed." Brittany wiped away the forming beads of sweat as I followed her on to the field with the other members.

I searched the field. Most of the faces had left me either angry or flustered. Jazz was standing with her friends who seemed to be attached to her hip. Alpha Xavier, who happened to be talking to Beta Allen, seemed unaffected by my appearance.

"Come on, let's train over here." Brittany pulled me to the far side of the field which seemed to be a safe distance away from everyone else.

We spent the free training period teaching each other various moves from defensive moves to hand-to-hand combat attacks.

She showed me what she had and I showed her what I had to offer. I showed her what my father had taught me. Moves that would help get me out of any dilemma.

Training had gone on for hours before Alpha had ended the excruciating training. Brittany and I babbled on about things as we walked to our rooms to clean off...

I emerged from my bedroom, towel laced around my body to cover me up. I wrapped my hair up with my towel and put on my basic clothing. I let down my stringy wet hair right before Brittany entered.

"Did you even knock?"

"Why would I?" She spoke as if my question was absurd.

"Whatever." I tossed her my pack of Oreo cookies right before she flopped down onto my bed. She broke a cookie off into her mouth before a seemingly unsettling grin appeared on her face.

"Um may I ask why you look so weird?"

"Tomorrow." She gave me a one word answer.

"What about tomorrow?" I asked.

"Our plans." Her red curls bounced wildly as she flopped up and down on my plush bedding. "For your birthday. Remember?"

Oh goddess. How the hell could I forget my birthday? The days seem to fly by so quickly.

"Yeah, so?" I questioned as if I had never forgotten my very own date of birth. Honestly, who cared when you were doing everything since you turned eighteen. Parties. Bars. Clubs.

"Well, tomorrow night is a huge party down by the beach at a club. Everyone from different packs in the area are going." She smiled.

"Um I don't think I want to go-"

"Shut up, I'm not taking 'NO' for an answer from you anymore. You ARE going and we ARE going to have a good time. Got it?"

"When the hell did my boss get here?" I was amazed by her sudden demand.

"Today." She dug in the plastic tray for another cookie. "Now, we shop tomorrow afternoon."