Four. Isla.

I don't know what to say. I can't believe him! I can tell when he's lying. He's shaking his head but his eyes are darting around everywhere, searching for somewhere to settle.

          "Don't lie to me Nex." I'm hurt and angry at the same time.

          "You can't tell the others. Please Isla. I trust you to keep this secret and I'll explain to you later but you can't tell them that I know or that I told you," he pleads. I shrug but he knows I'm not going to tell anyone. He trusts me! That matters a lot, believe me. Plus, Ola's my friend. I would never betray her!

          "Look, I'll walk you home and explain on the way." I can tell he feels guilty for telling me.

          "Ok whatever," I shrug again and go back to sitting next to Tay, thinking over what had just happened.

          "Hey, are you okay?" Tay's eyebrows furrow for a moment but I say I'm fine and that seems to make her happy. She's off my case.

          I think back to what Lexi had said about the new guy joining our tutor group. I like our tutor group how it is. It was different when Tay joined; Lexi knew her so we had a vague idea what she was like. This guy who was going to join was definitely going to find it difficult to fit in now that everyone kind of knew each other and had their friend groups sorted out.

          I feel restless. I want to find out the reason behind Ola not being here. And the only way to do that is to make an excuse to leave.