Thirteen. Tamara.

I yawn. My night had been plagued by dreams running in and out of my sleeping mind. My room is lit up by the window and I can smell pancakes. My favourite. Mum wants to treat me after what happened yesterday. I shudder at the thought and shake my head, switching on my phone.

          Lexi: 4 missed calls, 3 new messages. I furrow my brow, my mind clouded with confusion and check my texts.

          Lexi: You up? I need to talk it's urgent.

          Lexi: Tay!! This is important. It's about me. I... Saw something.

          Lexi: Tay!! Have you seen Trys?? He's not at mine and Andrea said he's not home!! Please say you've seen him?! X

          I'm sat bolt upright. Trystan isn't home. That's weird. Very weird. And Lexi saw something. Maybe she saw the same thing as me! I'm not going crazy! I shake the thoughts away quickly. No time for that. I quickly text her back saying I haven't seen him and leap out of bed, racing downstairs. Dad's sat at the table and looks up at me interestedly.

          "Morning morning," he chuckles and I roll my eyes, laughing. Mum looks around from the stove, eyes alight with relief.

          "I made pancakes, just for you!" She winks and I laugh again, but my expression quickly changes as I sit down and she places one in front of me.

          "Did Andrea text either of you?" Mum and Dad exchange a look and both shake their heads.

          "Why?"

          "Trys didn't get home last night. Apparently he left Lexi's and then just disappeared. No one can get hold of him." Worry begins to fill Mum's gaze.

          "Oh my God! That's terrible! I'll text her now." Dad makes a face.

          "And say what? Ooh I'm sorry for Trystan not coming home? That's really going to help the situation." Mum sighs and gives in.

          "Okay okay, I'll leave it." She offers me another pancake and I wolf it down hungrily, as Dad folds up his newspaper. He gets up and heads upstairs to have a shower, leaving Mum and I alone in the kitchen. "Tay..." She trails off but I know exactly what she's going to ask.

          "I'm okay Mum. Don't worry about it," I reassure her.

          "Well, what did you see?" I look down at the floor, the food in my mouth suddenly tasteless.

          "Don't worry Mum, it's not important." I bite my lip.

          "It is though. I need to know to help." I stand up from the table.

          "I said leave it," I say firmly and rush back up to my room.