Chap. 8. Picnic

Another week has gone by and it's been exactly the same as the week before. The twins have been with me a lot but not as much as before.

Today especially, Raji's dad asked us to go on a picnic with the twins since there was going to be a "adult" thing going on at the castle and they didn't want kids running around.

The day started off with me going to the kitchen and getting the picnic basket that the maids made. I thanked them and made my way to the entryway.

As I got there Raji was already there sitting on a chair sleeping with his face resting in his hand. I found this quite cute. He looked so peaceful yet probably very uncomfortable.

I made my way over to the chair beside him and sat down. It wasn't long for Rona and Eugena to run down the hallway screaming.

Raji woke up and feel out of his seat. It was hard for me to keep my laugh in so I let it out.

"Raji what are you doing on the floor?" Eugena asked while I was still laughing.

Raji turned around and looked at me, I tried to stop laughing but couldn't. "I'm sorry, that was just hilarious" I said grabbing my stomach as it started to hurt.

Raji got up and rubbed his bottom then grabbed the basket. "Common lets just go" he said and walked out of the castle. Rona and Eugena looked at me and I just shrugged.

The walk wasn't long. But it was a little awkward. Im use to guard with us but we had like 6 with us.

"What's with all the guards?" I leaned over to Raji and asked.

"My father can be pretty over protective when it come to my siblings going outside of the walls.

Rona and Eugena both had two guards beside them and I had one on my side and Raji's personal aid, Sakaki, was in his side. I started feeling a little bothered with them "watching" us.

"Just don't worry about them" Raji said lifting his elbow up for me to hold on.

This caught me off guard. I've never seen Raji do something this noble before so I didn't let it go to waste. I hooked my hand to his bicep and held on as we walked.

He was warm. He wasn't really "buff" but he had just the right amount of muscle on him. I felt at ease when I held onto him for some reason, and I can't explain how but I felt safe. We were walking in sync, right foot... left foot... right foot... left foot ....right ------- bang 

I was so focused on how we were walking that I didn't notice myself walking into a low hanging branch. I landed flat on my butt, in a patch of sand.  Eugena and Rona came running and giggling, while the guards kneeled by my side and made sure I was alright. Meanwhile Raji, was lying beside me with his hand over his forehead. 

I must have had such a good grip on him that when I fell, he came with me. I looked over at him and he sat up to look at me. Our eye met. 

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I dragged you down with me" I said embarrassed as my face became red and hot. He said nothing to be response but started laughing. 

"Your highness?" Sakaki asked helping him up and the other guards helped me up.

Raji stoped laughing and turned towards me. He smiled and reached for my hair. There had been a leaf stuck in my hair, that he pulled out. "That was very amusing" he giggled and through the leaf to the ground. "are you alright?"

I stood there dumbfounded, "that what I asked you first" I stuck my hand up to my cheek to feel that it was still hot.

He reached for my hand and pulled it from my face. Once he did so, I noticed that my hand was all scratched from braking my fall and I had been bleeding a little. "I'm fine, but obviously you aren't."

Once we got to the park, Raji and I sat down on the picnic blanket and he cleaned and bandaged my hand. "I am very sorry" I said looking down.

He grabbed my chin, lifting my head and our eyes met once again. "It's okay. I promise." he laughed a little "I found it quite funny, watching you watch our feet being in sync and we both walking into a branch" He blushed a little 

"So I guess it was both of our faults then" I laughed.

"Yeah I guess" he said lying down on the blanket and closing his eyes. I lied beside him and shut my eyes as well. 

________________________

Sorry for the long wait. school has been quite busy and I didn't have time to write.

Enjoy!

Like

Comment 

Follow

Love ya

-Ains