Chap. 19. Looming Shadows

h/n = horse name. I'm to lazy to make up a name for a horse so ill let you chose since its your horse :)

_______________________________

The ride was long. I shouldn't have left when I did. I was so in the moment that when I had realized how fast it got dark, it was too late to turn around. From what I can see with everything around me, I will probably be another few hours till I reach Clarines and get to Zen's castle. 

"I should have sent a letter" Even if I did, I don't think they would have gotten it in time. I shook my head and kicked the side of my horse to get him to continue walking. 

"I'm sorry h/n just a little more and you'll be able to rest" I said petting the side of his neck. he neighed and trotted along. 

Id have to admit. Being on my own, in an unfamiliar place was quite frightening. It didn't help either that the sun was now setting and looming shadows were forming around me slowly. Shiver ran down my back just thinking about what could happen when the sun is gone. 

"cmon h/n the faster we get to Clarines the better." I said to him and pet his neck once again "you'll protect me right. if anything happens?" he neigh reassuring me which made me a little more calm. He picked up the speed and we were off once again.

With every trot, the sound echoed into the forest and other sounds came back out. More shivers ran down my spine. The shadows we're now following us closely and with each passing second they would catch up to us until we were completely in the dark. 

Now it was even harder to see. The only light we had was from the moon. it wasn't a lot but it did help.  Another hour passed by before I could see light through the trees. "were almost there-" for the one second I let my excitement get to me I ran right into a low hanging branch and flew off of my horse. 

"ow that hurt" I said sitting up and rubbing my forehead where the branch had hit me. Luckily h/n didn't run off and stood nearby eating some grass. "of course you go right to the grass and not check on me. fat ass" I said slowly getting up and h/n neigh to my response.

"look what we have here" someone said from behind me. the voice was rusty and old, gave me quite the creeps. "seems like a princess fell from her horse"

shit. I turned around to see five unfamiliar faces walking towards me. They seemed poor. "what do you want?" I spat backing up so that my back was on my horse. 

"oh little princess has an attitude." one of them said 

"if you want money, I don't have any" I didn't pack that. All I have on me is clothings and essential thing and that's it. I was planning on making a one day trip to Zen and figure everything out with him so why would I bring money. 

"pfff we don't want your money" one chuckled "we want something far more precious then that" 

"well you've got the wrong girl" I turned around and grabbed the reigns. maybe if I hop on quick then I can just run. 

"tch tch tch where do you think you're going?" a younger looking guy said grabbing the reigns from my hand "you see, we want to have a little fun" he smirked looking me up and down. he brought his hand up to my cheek and brushed my hair behind my ear. this poor loser had no idea who he's dealing with

"oh dear, I'm flattered, I really am, but i'm just not into you" I smirked back and place my hand on his chest. "now if you're done playing around id like to go home and sleep." I pushed him back hard. this is my chance. with a big jump I hopped onto my horse but was soon thrown onto the ground once again.

"ugh" I groaned, I knew this would happen. The young guy who I had pushed grabbed my leg and had pulled me off the horse. he was now hovering over me on all four and looking down at me. "you see I was gonna ask nicely but now you've gone and pissed me off" he said with anger in his voice but lust in his eyes.

"get off of me right now" I spat and started to push him. he grabbed my wrists with one hand and forcing them above my head, pinning them in place. Im totally screw now. I closed my eyes bracing for the worst. 

"she said get off" a too familiar voice called out. I opened my eyes to see the familiar Mitsuhide standing above me with a sword at the boy who was pinning me down. "best get off her now or this sword will be very friendly with your neck" he said and shifted the blade under the boys chin.

The boy let me got and backed off. "Hey Mitsuhide" I said getting up and standing beside him. I started rubbing my wrist. He was holding on tighter than I thought. I turned around to see that his accomplices ran off. and Mitsuhide seemed to be alone

"what brings you out here?" he was casually still holding the blade to the boys neck. 

"I'm going to see Raji" I said blushing 

"oh really? Your parents approved?" he questioned 

"are you two really having conversation right now" the boy said "who the hell are you anyway"

I looked up at Mitsuhide and we smirked at each other. I then walked up to the boy who was sitting on his knees with his hands in the air. I bent down to his level and smiled at him. "so you wanna know who we are huh?" I brushed his cheek with my hand and pushed some hair back from his face. I got close to his ear and whispered "your worst nightmare" 

I stood back up and grabbed his cheeks in my one hand squishing his face. "the next time you and your buddies gang up on a helpless girl like that ever again, I personally will make sure you live a very painful life. got it?" I removed my hand and booped him on his nose. "Mistu." I turned around and Mitsuhide went and punched him in the face knocking him out cold.

That was exciting

_________________________________________________

welp. didn't know where that was going but okayyyy?

Anyways hope you enjoyed 

Like 

Comment 

Follow

Ains :)