Chap. 20. Alone

"that was exciting" I said walking towards my horse

"should we just leave him here?" Mitsuhide asked standing over the unconscious boy. 

My mind started to wonder. Even after what he tried to pull, I do feel bad for him since he is probably poor and was just looking for some money and food. After grabbing my horse, I walked over to them and stood over the unconscious boy as well. I never realized before but he was quite skinny. he looked like he's been starving for a while now. 

"ughhh" I groaned and slapped my forehead. "I might regret this later but-" no I can't that'd ridiculous. I started pacing back and forth. 

"Princess?"

"I could use him, he could protect me." I mumbled as I paced

"princess?"

"but he could refuse, I mean not that I really need him. he probably needs me more then I need him. I could probably-"

"Y/N!!" Mitsuhide scouted and grabbed my wrist. I stopped mumbling and looked at him. we stood awkward for a second. i glared at my wrist he was holding then he did the same and let go fast. "sorry I didn't know how els to get your attention"

"ah sorry, I was just thinking of something." what the hell. what do I have to lose anyways. "bring him with us"

"are you sure?" he ask. 

"positive" 

He picked up the boy and placed him on his horse then hopped on himself. I didn't the same and we headed towards the castle. And it wasn't long till we made it to the castle entrance. We got into the castle grounds and made it to the doors. They swung open revealing Prince Zen, Kiki, Obi and Shirayuki. They all ran up to us. 

"y/n what are you doing here?" Zen said helping me off the horse. once I was on the ground he gave me a hug. "I didn't think your parents would ever let you out of the castle grounds." 

"I didn't think so either" I said hugging him back. After hugging him I went and said hi to the rest of them

"Who's this?" Zen said walking up to Mitsuhide. 

"He's the one who attached y/n" he said. 

"WHAT!" Zen shouted "Why would you bring him here? you know what he could do!"

"Zen chill!" I ran up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "I wanted to bring him here and help him. look at him. he's weak and starving. he's probably sick too. he's alone" my hand dropped and I looked down at the ground.

"you remember what happened last time don't you. you've done this before, saving someone and then getting hurt in the end." Zen grabbed my shoulder "you almost died last time"

~FLASHBACK~

I was 10 at the time. And I was wild. I never listened to my parents and always did what I wanted to do. I would sometimes sneak out of the castle and go to the city. And I wish I never had.

I decided to go to town and meet people. I was so alone at the castle that I wanted to make friends and I did.

I came across this boy, probably my age. he was crying In a corner, alone. 

"are you okay?" I asked 

The boy looked up with tears in his eyes and snot dripping from his nose. I couldn't help but giggle. I reached in my pocket and pulled out a tissue and handed it to him. He turned his head, rejecting my offer. 

"oh cmon, you know its rude to reject someones help." I grabbed his face and made him face me. I then pressed the tissue up to his nose and wiped it for him. With a new tissue I wiped up his tears. "see not so bad huh?" I smiled 

That was the first time we met. After that we met up a few time a week. I ended up finding out why he was crying , "my family is poor" he said "we barely get to eat" "I want to help them but I cant" it killed me when he told me this. So I did everything I could. I snuck food and medicine out of the castle for him, as much as I could without getting caught. 

this went on for a year. not once did I ever meet his family nor did I speak of mine. he had expressed how much he hated the royals so to him I was also a poor kid on the streets and I knew I had to keep it that way. how could I fess up and tell someone who has nothing, that I have everything. 

Another year went by of us meeting. most of the time we would meet near the docks and chat. sometimes we play in the water and other times we'd run around in the forest. we both agreed it was a good escape from the thing we dreaded the most. but we both knew it wouldn't have lasted

on my 13th birthday the town had a festival. so as any royal family does, we went to town. I was really nervous. knowing he would be there and he would see who I truly was, scared me the most. 

once there, we got out of the carriage and was planing to walk around town and spend the day with the city folks. but as soon as my foot touched ground , I saw him. I was shocked and so was he. his shock turned into rage. I was at a loss of words. and then the most unthinkable thing happened. 

he ran up to me and pinned me down with a dagger to my neck. "how could you" he cried, tears streaming down both his face and mine. "why didn't you tell me" "you know how much I hated them" "your one of them" 

"why" 

everything happened so fast. i could hear everyone around us screaming but my only thing I focused on was him. until he was speaking no more. a guard had shot him I the back with an arrow. his blade left my throat and cut my collar bone instead. 

I sat up as he fell forward letting me catch him in my lap. "no no no" I cried "I'm sorry, im so sorry" I caressed his cheek with my hand. with the last strength he had, he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. we stared into each other eyes for as long as we could. he smiled and said "thank you for not leaving me alone" his hand dropped and the life in his soft eyes were gone. 

I had later found out the didn't have a family, he was living on the streets and was near death before I found him. 

Before we found each other, we were both truly and utterly, 

alone...

~END OF FLASHBACK~

______________________________________________________

who cutting onions? 

Like 

Comment 

Follow

Ains :)