Chap. 10. Ghost

Raji stood before me in confusion at why I had stopped walking in the middle of the hallway.

"I've been calling your name for a while now. what happened?" Raji asked

There was no way i was going to tell him i was having a flashback/day dream about him. i shook my head and kept walking. He chased after me and grabbed my arm. I stoped and turned to face him. I have to tell him something or els he'll ask again. Without thinking I said the first thing that came to mind.

"I thought I saw a ghost" I turned on my heels and kept walking. his face when blank and he still looked confused but he brushed it off and continued to walk with me.

We made to the kitchen and stopped suddenly at the doorway. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Just a few feet in front of us was a glowing white apparition of a woman in a white dress facing the opposite way from us.

I was so startled that I couldn't move. it was until I felt Raji hand grab mine that I felt free to move again. we faced each other in confusing and fear. "What is that" I mouthed to him.

All he could do was shrug his shoulders. We both looked back at the ghost to see it now facing us with cold white eyes. I tightened my grip on Raji's hand as I closed my eyes and started backing up slowly.

I could feel tension pulling my hand. Why wasn't he backing up with me? What was he doing. I was so frighten that I didn't want to open my eyes but I had to. Once I opened them... The ghost was gone.

"What was that" I asked shaking.

"I - I don't know" Raji said still facing where the ghost had been.

We got the candles from the kitchen and rushed back to where everyone was.

"That took you two a long time" Rona said walking up to us. "what happened"

Both Raji and I looked at each other. As if reading each others mind, we both said at the same time "Nothing".

I walked with Rona to the table and Raji walked up to his dad pulling him aside, away from everyone.

-

The rest of the night past by fast. we all ended up staying in the room and sleeping their since there were no window that could brake open and we had a fire place as well. Eugena fell asleep on my lap as I was sitting on the floor with my back on the couch and Rona sleeping on the couch.

Raji came and sat beside me. he handed me a blanket and rapped it around my back. "Thank you" I whispered with a smile

"I talked to my dad about the -" He paused and looked around. "the thing in the kitchen" I nodded understanding what he meant. " he didn't believe me"

"Why would he? We were in the dark he probably thought it was just us making things up" I said shaking my head

There was a long pause between the both of us. Eugena started to role around and eventually woke up. I brought him up onto the couch with Rona and he fell back asleep right away. Raji and I moved towards the fire with some blankets and pillows.

"I'm going to find out what we saw" Raji said looking blankly into the crackling fire. " I need to know who that was"

There was a reflection of the flames from the fire. His eyes spoke determination. I stared for quite a while, the flickering of the fire flashed over his soft skin, his cheeks were a soft pink from the heat and his eyes slowly blinked. well in my mind everything went slow motion for a second.

my cheeks became hot and my heart started racing. Butterflies flew around in my stomach and a shiver crossed my back. I looked down at the floor and smiled.

"What are you smiling about" Raji said with a smirk

"Oh- nothing " I looked up and caught his stare. we sat there for a few minutes just gazing into each others eyes... until I broke it "ill help you with this ghost thing"

He smiles and looked back into the fire. "Okay"

_______________________
Sorry for the long wait

Hope you liked it!

Like

Comment

Share

Love y'all

Ainsleigh