1. 小山明美 (Akemi Oyama)

Light quickly scribbled down the work on the board. How could he write down more criminal names? L had figured out that he was in the Kanto region and could be a student. He'd lead him to that conclusion but now he had to make his next move. 

He'd kept a list of criminals he needed to kill but he didn't know how to execute his plan without making himself look suspicious. 

Light! Light, I need to tell you something! Ryuk called out to the male. Light ignored the shinigami and carried on writing. He couldn't talk to Ryuk since nobody else could see the God of Death. If he did speak to him, he might make himself look mad since it would appear that he was talking to himself. 

Light! That person really creeps me out! You know I'm not on your side or L's but that girl's so weird! She keeps looking over at you and I've seen her do that loads of times. She's looking at you but it makes me feel like she's staring at me and it makes me uncomfortable. Ryuk groaned. 

Light's head shot up. Why is this Shinigami always giving me information at the worst of times?! He surveyed the room. His eyes stopped on a girl who immediately averted her gaze the moment he took a glance at her.

That girl. . . What's her name again?  He stared at the female until she looked up again and this time she locked eyes with Light. She realised that she'd been caught staring at him. A blush blossomed onto her cheeks as she turned her attention back to her textbook. 

Akemi Oyama. . . He grunted as he thought about her. He had feelings for the other. . . For quite some time. Did she actually like him back? Light's heart raced just at the thought. They were childhood friends but became separated when Akemi moved away. Ever since her return, they hardly talked. He wasn't sure whether or not he should try and pursue a genuine relationship at the moment. . .

Light flipped to the back of his book and tore out a page. He wrote down a question to Ryuk. Ryuk hovered above him as he read the question: Is the girl you're talking about Akemi Oyama?

Won't say. You can figure out the rest. Ryuk stated stubbornly. Light sighed and pressed a hand against his forehead. Maybe I'll try to talking to her after class?  He smirked. Akemi probably had a crush on him and he was feeling paranoid for no reason. If she really did like him. . . He saw a potential relationship blossoming from their first proper talk after so many years.

(Y/n)'s POV

(Y/n) cursed softly to herself. Light noticed me looking at him! Is he suspicious of me?!

(Y/n) had been working with the task force for quite some time now. The reason of her involvement was because of Matsuda. (Y/n) was an intelligent female. The smartest one in her class. She was able make conclusions and deductions in mere seconds. Matsuda thought it was valuable for someone with that type of skill to be on the task force.

(Y/n) was juggling school life and task force work every single day. L had managed to lure Kira into a trap and give away the region he was in. (Y/n) suggested that Kira could be a student because the killings never took place around school time. Now, she was told to be vigilant during lessons and report anyone suspicious in any of her classes.

(Y/n) frowned as she twirled her ballpoint pen. She became lost in thought. She spent nights on end trying to figure out who Kira might be. After a lot of hours of dwelling upon the matter, she came to suspect Light Yagami. 

She liked Light quite a lot. They'd shared moments in the past when they were younger. Even then, she had feelings for him but was too shy to admit them. Ever since starting high school, they hadn't talked much. The only time they really had a conversation was during projects, and it was mostly small talk. They never had a full-fledged discussion about their lives as kids, though she was sure that Light recognised her from their childhood.