8. 大 (L)

(Y/n) couldn't believe that she had decided to do this. What was the best way to avoid Light? I know. Coming right up to him and stating that she was dating L despite the fact she knew that he had Matsuda's full name. Was this a really smart move or a careless move? She didn't know to be honest. 

L suggested the idea back at headquarters. L explained this plan of his thoroughly and ended up convincing the small task force that what he was going to do was in fact safe and helpful to their investigation. 

L was going to introduce himself to Light. His alias was as the famous pop singer Hideki Ryuga. So far, they'd deduced that Kira needed a name and face to kill. Using a well-known celebrity was the perfect way to test if this really was Kira. If he attempted to kill L, he might end up accidentally killing the singer, Hideki Ryuga. If he died, it would give them reason to doubt Light. Risking the life of one person was worth it to save the whole nation.

(Y/n) had admitted to the members that Light had some sort of indescribable feelings for her. She didn't know how it had started. In her thoughts, she told herself it was mainly because he was sadistic and got off of her getting angry and sad at him. She wondered whether those feelings towards her had manifested earlier on, before she'd accused him of being Kira. 

L decided that it was perfect to introduce (Y/n) as his girlfriend. By being his girlfriend, it wouldn't be weird for them to be seen hanging out together all the time. L informed her that by also pretending to be his girlfriend, he could keep her protected from Light.

How Light would react was unknown. Would he reveal emotions he'd never shown before?. . . Who knew? From this moment forward, (Y/n) was no longer allowed to be alone with Light. It would ensure that she was not suspected to be Kira's accomplice and also if Kira really was Light, he could in no way shape or form attempt to hurt (Y/n).

(Y/n) tried avoiding Light's gaze as she rested her head on L's shoulder. This was honestly very embarrassing. She had to try and act like L's girlfriend. . . She had never truly been intimate with someone before, and so she struggled to act like L's partner.

"Akemi. . ." She heard Light's voice, laced with disbelief. (Y/n) jolted, and couldn't help but stare at Light. She had never heard such a voice from him. So gentle. So hurt. His eyes were swimming with genuine despair. Light cared this much about her? She almost shook her head when she thought like that. Light didn't care. All he cared about was his idea of 'justice', and he was obsessed with her. Obsession meant that he cared more about his desires than her. . .

"What?" (Y/n) hissed, anger laced in her voice. Light had killed her father. She could never forgive him for that. She remembered the shinigami she'd seen the other day. She realised he was surprisingly quiet. Her gaze turned to the creature who flew at Light's side. He was silent, observing. . . Like this was some kind of sitcom!

"I thought we were dating. Were you really just cheating on me?" Light murmured. (Y/n) was too engrossed in watching the actions of the shinigami than to answer Light. She knew that the God of Death was trying to irritate her now.

"Akemi was never dating you. She was on a mission. To gather information on you and evidence as to whether you could potentially be the deadly Kira. So far, we haven't got enough information, so we decided to do further investigation." L muttered. 

(Y/n) was now glaring at Ryuk. Without even thinking about she was doing, she launched at Ryuk, her eyes full of anger. Both L and Light were startled. The monster moved back and (Y/n) groaned as she face-planted on the soft dirt.

"Ak-" Light began but L interjected.

"We should get going. Remember, you're still under suspicion of being Kira." L murmured. (Y/n) groaned out in embarrassment as L pulled her up from the ground, holding her close to his chest. He dusted off the dirt on her before rushing her away from Light. He didn't comment on what she had done but would probably reprimand her later.

✶ ✶ ✶

(Y/n) found it extremely awkward whenever she was out. She always had to be with L and ensure that they were a believable couple. It was hard to act like you were dating someone when you didn't know properly how to do it.

(Y/n) had gotten many messages from Light since that day. He seemed desperate. He constantly asked her why she left and whether he did anything wrong. It annoyed her so much, but she didn't tell L or anyone about the messages. What was the use? These messages in no way were pointing out to people that Light was Kira. It just displayed him as a distraught male who felt betrayed by her even though they hadn't even dated in the first place.

She was confused as to why Light was acting as if they'd been a close couple. Not once did he ask her out or tell her they were dating. . . He just used different ways to coerce her into hanging out with him. . .

Currently, her and L were sitting on the school field. It was lunch at the moment and (Y/n) had nothing better to do so L urged her to spend more time with him.

L made her do many embarrassing things! For example, when they sat down together, he usually pulled her onto his lap and made her feed him desserts, sweets and strawberries. Even right now, he had her on his lap and he wouldn't let her shuffle away. She felt uncomfortable, especially due to the fact that she could feel the multiple stares drilling into her as they chilled out.

She noticed many times that Light passed by. He glared at them for a split-second before walking off. L noticed him and called him over. Light looked hesitant to but after a moment or two, he finally came over.

L stated that they should play tennis. (Y/n) wanted to join in but a small glare from L made her stop from asking to play too. So, L was testing one of his theories again? What a bummer. . . She was good at tennis herself and wanted to beat Light. 

✶ ✶ ✶

(Y/n) made her way to the tennis courts. She would be the referee of L and Light's tennis match. She slumped in the corner of the courts once she arrived. She was sulkily pouting as she sat there. She clearly wanted to compete along with the males. She noticed Light gazing over at her for a second.

He was thinking of something. . . And she could tell that it was bad. Light called over to L.

"How about a prize for winning the game?" He called out. L looked curious, not expecting Light to suggest that.

"What kind of prize?" He asked.

"Akemi." Light stated. (Y/n)'s eyes widened. L didn't look surprised, but (Y/n) could tell that he was startled by the sudden suggestion.

"Why exactly are you wanting my girlfriend?" L spoke, tilting his head to the side.

Light chuckled and took a glance over at (Y/n) again.

"I've had the delight of being blessed by her presence before. . . I just want to spend some time with her. I won't steal her away. I just want to spend a day with her, without you pestering us, what do you say?" Light asked. L thought about this for a moment.

"I guess that's fine then. . ." L murmured. (Y/n)'s eyes widened. What?! (Y/n) shot up from the ground.

"Hey, don't I have a say in this?!" She shouted out. Before Light could say anything to her, L put up his hand, giving her a reassuring gaze. Again, testing his theories. . . He wouldn't let Light do anything to her. 

With a frustrated sigh, she plopped back down onto the ground. She placed her chin on her knees as she glared at the two males. This was going to be a long day. She wondered, who would win? She never saw L play tennis and knew Light was extremely good at it. If L had suggested it, it must mean he's just as skilled as Light is.

"Let the games begin. . ." (Y/n) mumbled.

✶ ✶ ✶

✶ Published on 29/10/2019 and Edited on 24/06/2021