7. キラ (Kira)

Light's eyes widened at Akemi's sudden words. Her dad?! He didn't seem fazed by her feeble attempts at hurting him. All his thoughts were trained on were her words. 

Oh ho ho. Ryuk chuckled as Akemi sobbed, too distracted to even hear the shinigami. Light's thoughts were askew as he thought about what Akemi had just admitted. He had killed her father? She knew that he was Kira, that meant she was talking about a criminal. . . Light stared at the crying Akemi, assessing her facial features. He tried not to gasp as a young girl flashed through his mind. How had he not recognised her before?

He had no recollection  of Akemi's name. The one he used to call her when they were younger had slipped from his mind. However, he hadn't only seen Akemi in his childhood. Her and her father had been on the news once.

He definitely remembered the criminal's name. The one who was Akemi's father. Jovan (L/n). Akemi's surname was (L/n). He was one step closer to figuring out her real name! He just had to think hard to figure out the rest. He could then easily eliminate her once he did. He felt slight hesitation in wanting to find out her first name. He didn't want to truly kill her. He couldn't understand why he didn't want her dead. Maybe it was due to his previous feelings towards her?. . .

Akemi had been on a news report years ago. She begged to the police to set her father free, that he had done nothing wrong. Light had killed him. He realised that the male's death was a wrongful one. Jovan was mistaken for a murderer and Kira had killed him. That was the day that it came to Light's attention that sometimes there may be errors in his judgement when he was doling out justice. So, he didn't feel guilty. He stared at Akemi as she continued to cry her eyes out.

She'd stopped hitting him. Her hands were pressed against her face as she tried to calm herself. It was surprising that Akemi was acting so weak in front of him. He rarely saw her break down like this. . . It made him feel closer to her. He reached out a hand, about to cup the female's cheek but Akemi slapped away the hand with tears in her eyes. She stumbled up from the ground.

"You fucking sick bastard. Stay away from me." She hissed furiously before storming off. Light watched her go with a soft sigh.

You gonna go after her? Ryuk questioned. Light shook his head.

"She won't tell Matsuda anything. She knows that his life is on the line right now. She'll stay low if she knows what's good for her." Light muttered before he turned and head off in the opposite direction.

(Y/n)'s POV

(Y/n) couldn't stop the rush of tears. She darted down the streets as she repeatedly wiped away the never-ending stream with the sleeve of her jumper. All she could think about was her father. The way he comforted her at night. His many stories that he told her before bedtime. She couldn't believe that evil shithead killed the only family member she had left.

(Y/n)'s vision was so blurred with tears that she didn't see the person in front of her. She let out a grunt as she crashed into a chest and fell on top of someone. With a sniffle, (Y/n) apologised as she looked down at the person that she'd accidentally fallen upon.

"Ryuzaki?" (Y/n) whispered in shock. Why was L here? She was so confused. He told the task force members he hardly went out because he didn't want to be discovered. L sighed and easily got up, holding (Y/n). (Y/n) blushed and scrambled out of his arms. He smiled but it was barely noticeable. The male hardly ever smiled so he could never do it properly.

"I'm sorry, Akemi. After what I saw on those cameras, I became concerned. Light is still under suspicion. When he did. . . That, you looked so uncomfortable. I just couldn't help but tail the both of you. But I lost you after a while, so I was going to go home. Please, Akemi, be careful. You're someone important to me and I can't let you get hurt. Be more cautious around Light. He could be the Kira that we're searching for." L admitted. (Y/n) frowned. L was always there, looking out for her. She chuckled and pushed her (h/c) locks behind her ear.