4. ミソラ・ナオミ (Naomi Misora)

(Y/n) laid in bed. She had huge bags under her eyes. She was stressing out too much about Light. He was messing with her head. She wasn't going to school today. It was Friday and she didn't want to bump into him. He was Kira. She knew it! He probably attempted to kill her. . . But what was his method?

Maybe he could kill telepathically? She sighed in frustration and buried her face into her knees. "Akemi? Why haven't you got up yet? You're going to be late!" Matsuda exclaimed, rushing up to her bed and shaking her.

"M-Matsuda. . . I feel too ill to go into school today. . ." She complained weakly. It was rare for her to call in sick so Matsuda was about to scold her for trying to play hooky but one look at her and he instantly believed her.

He gently pressed his hand against her forehead. "No fever. . . Are you stressing out about something?" He asked. (Y/n) furiously rubbed at her tired eyes. Matsuda grunted, grabbing her hand and pulling it away from her face. 

"I haven't been stressing about anything. I've just been having a really bad headache. It started last night and it hasn't gone away. I even had painkillers." She murmured. She couldn't tell Matsuda the real reason as to why she'd been so restless. She didn't have enough evidence to pin Light just yet. Matsuda sighed.

"Just for today, I'll let you stay home. Promise me you won't go out. You're not feeling well and even though crime rates are low, you could still get hurt or kidnapped." He informed her. (Y/n) nodded her head. She held out a pinkie for Matsuda to loop his own around. 

As they promised, she secretly hid her other hand behind her back, fingers crossed. She had to collect more evidence. She couldn't just sit around and wait for Light to figure out that she's not dead. Matsuda smiled warmly and gave her an affectionate pat on the head. 

He collected the rest of his stuff. He called out to (Y/n), saying one last goodbye before heading out and shutting the door behind him. She waited in bed for a few minutes just to make sure he was gone. She sprung out of bed once she heard the reassuring sound of his car driving away.

She went to her jacket over on the floor which had her phone in it. She pulled it out and went through her contacts. She stared at the number and contact name before her eyes. Raye. . . 

"Raye Penber. . ." She said to herself. She obviously knew he was dead along with the other 11 FBI agents who were from America.

(Y/n) had been to quite a few countries with her father. He used to work as a journalist. He desired to go all over the world and create memorable stories. He brought (Y/n) along for the ride. They had been visiting America when he'd been arrested. The police believed that her innocent father had murdered someone!

With her father being stuck in jail, (Y/n) had no one to take care of her. Matsuda was a friend of her father's, but he couldn't collect her since he was working hard in Japan. So they put her under the care of Raye Penber, an FBI agent who was thought to be the perfect candidate as guardian for her until further notice.

No one fathomed what would happen next. It was a shock to everyone when on the day of (Y/n)'s father's release, he got a heart attack and died in front of her. She didn't know how to deal with her feelings back then. Raye offered to look after her on a permanent basis, however, (Y/n) didn't like the sound of that.

She desired to go back to Japan. It was her birth place. She didn't want to stay in America after what occurred. Raye tried his best to comfort her, and be there for her. . . She didn't accept his affection. She just constantly demanded to be sent home until finally the decision was made that she would be handed over to Matsuda, who had learned about her father's death.