9. 気持ち (Feelings)

Light tried not to cry out in triumph as he heard the results. He just knew that he was going to win. It had been hard during the match, when he'd been debating whether or not to let L win. In the end, his desire to be with Akemi won over. He panted softly, holding his knees. He dropped his tennis racket before turning his brown orbs over to Akemi. 

The female seemed slightly startled by the outcome. Light couldn't believe that L had stolen Akemi away. He was delighted to have won. Finally, they would both be alone. Did she forget that he told her that he knew Matsuda's full name? It appeared he would have to remind her of her position, and who she belonged to.

He smirked at Akemi. He watched as her hands clenched into tight fists. His enthusiasm and happiness were short-lived as he noticed L going over to Akemi before Light himself could get there. It proved difficult to keep his emotions in check as he watched L's arm snake around Akemi's waist.

Akemi visibly relaxed at L's touch, which made his blood boil.

Someone's jealous. Maybe you should just get it over with and kill this boyfriend of hers. Ryuk chuckled. He loved to tease both Light and Akemi. Light gritted his teeth at the shinigami's teasing. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind as he focused back on L and Akemi as they made their way over. Akemi was acting slightly awkward, constantly shifting about whilst L held her. Every now and again, he wondered if these two really were dating. Akemi sometimes reacted tense and uncomfortable whenever L held her close or gave her any sort of affection.

He found himself craving to be in L's place. He wanted to hold Akemi close. He wanted to kiss her cheek, touch her all over. . . Akemi probably didn't know, but Light's feelings had developed before Akemi told him that she suspected he was Kira. He'd wanted her for so long but surprisingly, he didn't have the courage due to the fact that Akemi had been the first ever girl that he'd actually developed feelings for.

L chuckled. "I know I said that I'd agree to the deal. . . But unfortunately, that is actually impossible." L mumbled. Light's eye twitched as he watched L's fingers intertwine with Akemi's. Light tilted his head. Why?! He agreed to the deal before their match. Why would he not allow him? He wanted Akemi! He wanted to grab her right now, tell her whose she was. But he had to hold himself back. He couldn't reveal himself for such a petty desire.

"I thought we made a deal." He stated simply whilst he slipped his hands into his pockets.

L glanced over at Akemi for a second and their eyes locked. It was like he was telling her something with his eyes. She gave him a barely noticeable nod. L turned his attention back to Light.

"It's not my decision on who gets to hang out with Akemi. She's her own person. I said yes to Akemi being the prize, but only if she wants to hang out with you. And she just told me, she'd prefer not to be alone with you. Isn't that right?" L murmured, nuzzling Akemi's neck. Light's hand shook in his pocket when he saw that.

Akemi confidently nodded her head. "I want to stay alone only with L, and no one else. You make me uncomfortable at times, Light. . ." Akemi averted her gaze as she said this. Light gritted his teeth.

"Fine." He finally stated in an exasperated manner. He managed to suppress his sudden anger by clenching his hand into a fist so tight in his pocket, that his nails dug deeply into the palm of his hands, causing indents to press into the flesh.

✶ ✶ ✶

(Y/n)'s POV

(Y/n) felt uneasy. She was sitting opposite Light in a booth, with L at her side. She wanted to leave.