14. 墓地 (Graveyard) - Light's Route Ending

The vast skies were blanketed with a harsh, dark-grey. The clouds that were present gently threw down snowflakes to the ground. It was the first time in years that it had snowed so heavily.

The ground was completely covered with thick, white snow. Vehicles were covered so much by the snow that they were almost unrecognisable.

Amongst this snow, there was a girl in a wheelchair. Her sad, (e/c) orbs watched the beautiful snowflakes with disinterest. (Y/n) didn't want to be here, especially not today. She'd been pulled out of her bed against her will.

She just wanted to lay in bed all day, wallowing about the loss of L. . . Light, however, wouldn't let her. He knew what today was. He didn't want (Y/n) thinking about poor L at all. So, he forcibly tugged her out of the comforts of her warm bed, and dressed her into thick, winter clothing. Since (Y/n) was paralysed from the waist down, it made it easier for Light to pin her down and dress her.

(Y/n) hated this. . . She hated how weak she'd become. She used to be so strong, and now she just sat in her wheelchair, wishing that she could change her entire past. She wished she never met Light Yagami. . .

The girl was startled by a cold snowball hitting her in the chest. Her eyes became slowly consumed with rage as she caught sight of who'd thrown it at her. Light smiled, as if there was nothing wrong. He was metres ahead of her.

Since there was a lot of snow, most people were inside their homes. Light and she was an exception. He wanted to enjoy the snow no matter what, and he brought (Y/n) with him.

(Y/n) didn't respond to Light when he threw the snowball at her. Instead, she turned her eyes to her lap, her expression becoming sad once again as she thought about L and Matsuda, who she missed so much. . . Once L died, Light decided he would move both her and he to a place where no one knew them.

He told her he wanted to start life anew and forget about the past. As if she could forget. Even without the Death Note, he was a damned murderer. This bastard thought that (Y/n) would easily get over the many deaths he caused.

She narrowed her eyes when Light cupped her cheeks with his gloved hands. He made her face him.

"Why do you look so down today? It's snowing! You should enjoy this while you can." Light whined with a pout on his pale lips. (Y/n) slapped his hands away and crossed her arms over her chest.

"You have a morbid sense of humour, you know that?" (Y/n) snapped. Light tilted his head with an innocent look on his face.

"Oh? But I didn't make a joke though. . ." Light mumbled. (Y/n) let out a huge sigh. Her breath became wisps once it escaped her mouth. Light loved to act like a kid half the time, trying to downplay what he did just a few months back.

(Y/n) wouldn't let Light fool her. The only reason she had made the decision to stay with him was because she wanted to protect Matsuda. He was the only person left who was precious to her. She didn't want him to end up murdered like L. . .

"You shouldn't always be so grumpy. It won't be good for the baby. . ." Light murmured softly to (Y/n). (Y/n) flinched at his words. She hated it whenever he mentioned. . . Their baby. Yes, you read right. Their baby.

Light had wanted a child for quite some time, even if they weren't married. At first, (Y/n) was very reluctant to even try for one. But after a while, he slowly chipped away at her, and in the end, he convinced her.

Now here she was, sitting here, her stomach swollen from the baby that was slowly developing inside of her. . . When the child was mentioned, she found her hand gravitating towards the lump. Her hand shook as she imagined how their child's life would be.