13. あなたのおかげで (Because of You) - Light's Route

Light's eye twitched as he tried to focus upon the book in front of him. Misa constantly whined in his ear, demanding that he give her attention, and he could feel L's gaze boring into him. There were two sofas. Misa sat down beside him whilst L sat opposite them, munching on multiple different desserts. He'd sat with these two for at least over an hour now and Light was reaching his breaking point.

He gritted his teeth as he decided to address the duo. He slammed his book shut. He first turned his attention to L.

He glared at the blackette with a scowl. "What the hell is wrong with you? Why do you keep staring at me?" Light hissed. The scene at the hospital kept flashing in his mind.

It filled him with unimaginable rage. How could L kiss Akemi? Akemi was his. . . He wanted to throttle the male right then and there. It was hard for him to bottle up these violent emotions. If he didn't leave without these two soon. . . He might do something that he'll regret.

L continued to stare intently at him as he stabbed a strawberry with his fork. He brought the bright-red fruit to his lips. He munched on it slowly. Was he trying to start a fight with him?!

Once L was finished, he answered Light's angered question.

"What do you want with Akemi? Why can't you just leave her alone? It's clear that she doesn't have any sort of feelings for you." L stated. Light growled.

"I've always liked her, L. I know for a fact that she feels the same way about me." Light grunted. L quirked an eyebrow.

"How do you know? So far, I don't see any type of romantic feelings towards you. I've known her for much longer than you, Light." L muttered.

Light's hand clenched into a fist. He growled when he felt Misa's grip on his upper arm. She lightly shook him with a huge frown on her lips.

"Why can't you just forget about Akemi? ~ I'm here! Why don't you understand! I love you more than she ever will!" Misa exclaimed. Just hearing the female's voice irritated him. It was like hearing nails on a chalkboard. Why in the world did he decide to meet up with her one day?

Light shoved her aside. "I hate you with every fibre of my being. Why can't you just leave me be?" L let out a small chuckle. Light's eyes snapped back to L whose entire attention was on the cake in front of him.

"What are you laughing about?" Light grumbled. L glanced up when he heard Light's question. He smiled wryly.

"What you're feeling right now. . . Is exactly how Akemi always feels. You're always around her when she doesn't want you to be there. She hates you." L muttered. Light didn't know what came over him.

In the next instant, he shot up. He stormed over to L and wrapped his hands around the other's neck. L was an obstacle in his way. If he got rid of this piece of shit, then he would have a proper chance with Akemi.

He growled as his grip tightened. L fought back, kicking him hard in the groin. It caught Light by surprise. He stumbled backwards. L came dashing at him and delivered another blow to his stomach, winding him.

Misa let out a shriek as the two fought. Watari was dealing with other things at the task force, which just left him, Misa, and L.

Light managed to catch his breath and grab onto L's fist which had been aiming for his face. He pushed L hard so he slammed into the wall. Light ran over before the male had a chance of getting away from him.

With a manic smirk, he produced a blade that he'd kept concealed within his trouser legs. He brought it up to L's neck. He ensured that the other had no way of grabbing anything by pinning his wrists above his head.