6. 死神 (Shinigami)

(Y/n) didn't know what to do. She didn't want to seem suspicious. She didn't want Light to hurt Matsu. . . He was like a father to her. She tried to mask the fear that she felt, smiling at the male despite having a deep hatred for him. Light chuckled and slipped his hands into his pockets. 

He was acting so nonchalant. That shithead! The only reason she was acting like she was happy was because she didn't want Matsuda to get hurt. She couldn't go with Light. . . Surely, he'd do something to silence her. Make sure that she never spoke again.

"Date?" Matsuda asked curiously with a smirk, staring down at (Y/n). She blushed darkly.

"U-Um, well I-" (Y/n) was about to deny it but Light interrupted her before she could continue.

"Come on! Akemi, I've been organising this date for us for months. Don't you have the time to accompany me?" He questioned with a pout on his lips. She could see through that calm façade. He'd purposely asked her out in front of Matsuda so she'd play along with him. Matsuda was smiling broadly as he grasped her arm. He urged her to move forwards.

"Why are you acting so shy in front me? I won't mind if you go on date with Light. Just be cautious and ensure you stick close to him at all times. We don't want Kira trying anything with you." Matsuda murmured. (Y/n) sighed. A crooked smile formed on her lips as she nodded her head.

"Alright, alright! I'm going!" She whined, pulling off his hand from her arm. Matsuda wanted her to stay close to Light so she wasn't hurt by Kira. . . She almost laughed  bitterly. She pushed her (h/l), (h/c) locks of hair behind her ear.

She then made her way over to Light with confident strides, disguising her fearful demeanour. Light better not try anything with her! There'd be big consequences if he dared to even lay a hand on her.

Light's POV

Matsuda was kind to a fault. He just knew that he had more of a chance of Akemi joining him if Matsuda was there at her side. He was relieved to see that Matsuda and Akemi weren't involved romantically. If they were. . . He didn't know what he'd do.

He tried not to smirk with pride as he went over to the female. "Where shall we go, hmm?" He murmured as he gripped Akemi's hand, feeling her tense in his hold. That's what he liked. . . Fear.

Light. . . You know we can still make the eye deal. You can have my eyes just for half of your lifespan! You can see Akemi's real name and get rid of her before she reveals anything to anyone. Ryuk chuckled. He had been bothering him about this deal for a while and it was honestly beginning to get on his nerves. He pulled Akemi close to his side as he gave a small shake of his head.

"Don't worry, I'll bring her back home soon, safe and sound!" Light exclaimed. Light observed Matsuda as he left, ensuring he didn't come back. Once he was sure that the older was gone, his brown orbs were all on Akemi.

"Whatever you think of doing to me, I won't let you do it!" She hissed with anger in her eyes. Oh! What a feisty girl she was! He pinned her to the wall, in the eyes of everyone. Ryuk watched Light as he cornered the poor girl and trapped her with his long arms. He used his forefinger and thumb to nab her chin and forcefully make her look up at him. He tilted his head, grinning madly.

"Akemi, Akemi, Akemi. I'll let you go. Only if you tell me about the task force you're so clearly working for." He growled. He didn't know whether it was actually true but he wanted to see her reaction to his words. If it was one of surprise or worry, then it would give him all the evidence he needed. It would prove that his assumptions were correct. If she didn't react she was either smarter than he'd anticipated or genuinely knew nothing about the task force.