12. 誘拐された (Kidnapped) - Light's Route

Light sat in his cell with a small smile on his lips. His plan was well-thought out. It was irritating that he had to give up the Death Note but he had no other choice. He sighed before giving the camera that watched him a confident smirk. This was it. 

He was going to lose all his memories of the Death Note. So was (Y/n). For now. He began to ramble on to the camera. "Yeah. . . I know I must look pretty bad in here but. . . This pride. . . I'll have to. . . Get rid of it." Light had informed Ryuk beforehand what that phrase meant.

He wanted to get rid of the notebook. Ryuk laughed out. Okey-dokey! Later.

(Y/n)'s POV

(Y/n) glared at the phone that sat upon the bedside table. How dare Light leave her here! She'd called his phone multiple times, but she ended up being left with his voicemail, telling her that he wasn't available. She didn't know how long she'd been laying here. It had probably been months now. Why did Light suddenly disappear?

She sighed in frustration, shutting her eyes. She'd ran out of food as well. Did Light expect her to sit in here 24/7, bored out of her mind? Once she found him, she was going to give him a piece of her mind. She slowly opened her eyes again. It appeared this dick wasn't returning, meaning she could return to her small mission.

She pulled the blanket off of her to reveal her immobile, shackled legs. With a grunt, she forced herself to lean forwards. It hurt her stomach, but she had to deal with it. She had to get these locks off of her. She'd been working on them whenever she could with a bobby pin. She had to try! There was no other tool available to her to use to open the goddamn locks.

It was a real task, moving it about inside and trying to get it to unlock for her. She'd given up multiple times, then the next day, she found herself trying again.

Light wasn't coming back to retrieve her, so she'd have to attempt to free herself. She really hoped that the shackles that kept her trapped weren't complicated locks. What would she do if they were? She'd be stuck here. . . Forever. She gulped and worked harder on the locks, furiously moving the hair pin back and forth.

She didn't want to be giving up again. She hated being alone. Her eyes blurred as tears filled them. Her hand trembled as she continued to tweak the bobby pin. She begged for this to work. It had to! After what seemed like an eternity, a loud click sounded. (Y/n)'s eyes widened as she watched the shackle clasping to one of her ankles open.

"I-I did it." She whispered in disbelief before she laughed happily. "I did it!" She exclaimed. She began to work on the other shackle, smiling through her tears. She'd finally be able to leave. She was so excited to leave this damn hellhole and go back to the world she knew and loved.

Hyuk. Hyuk. So, Light left you here to starve, huh? A familiar voice spoke out. (Y/n) jolted up in surprise. She scowled at the shinigami who'd startled her. Oi. There's no need to look at me like that. I didn't put you in this situation, Light did. Ryuk muttered. (Y/n) returned to what she'd been doing previously.

"You did. You gave him that damn book and made him go crazy with power. If you didn't exist, none of this shit would've happened!" (Y/n) growled out. (Y/n) wondered what the God of Death was doing here? Was he here to taunt her or something? He was always with Light though. These past few months when she'd been all alone, he had never given her a visit. Not even once.

Light made this elaborate plan and then told me to get rid of the Death Note. So, now he doesn't remember me or what he's done. The reason I'm here is that you have a piece of this Death Note. I knew very well that Light didn't know about it, but I decided to leave him in the dark. Since he decided to give up the Death Note, you are now the owner, since you have a piece of it that you stole from him. (Y/n)'s hands stopped as she heard the Death God's words.