Grandma

I got up and nearly blinded myself from looking out the window. I walked down stairs and Tom was siting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal.

"Good morning sleepy head."

Tom said with a little chuckle.

"Morning."

"At noon grandma is coming over for lunch. She is very exited to meet you. So go get ready"

"Yay! I can't wait to meet her!"

I walked up the stairs to take a shower but I tripped and fell.

"I'm ok!"

I yelled down stairs. I proceeded to walk up the stairs to the bathroom. After I took a shower I straightened my curly dark brown hair. After about a fifteen minutes of doing my hair I put on a little bit of make up and brushed my teeth. I put on a blue green skirt with a white tee shirt that was tucked in the skirt. I walked down the stairs without falling this time. Tom was still at the table but this time he was reading the news paper. Tom was in his usual dress shirt and black pants.

" What a lovely outfit you have on."

"Thank you. Can we go on a walk before she arrives because I need some fresh air?"

"Yes."

We walked to the park. While walking I tripped over a tree branch on the side walk. I fell pretty hard on the ground and scraped my left knee badly.

"Today just isn't your day is it?"

Tom said with a slight chuckle.

"We better get you back home."

I got up and made a slight noise in pain.

"Are you ok darling?"

"Uhh yeah I'm fine."

I'm glad to say I got home with out any more injuries. I say down on a chair as Tom got the first aid kit. He got a paper towel with some cold water and cleaned off the wound. Them he put on some medicine for the cut and bandaged it up.

"Thank you."

I said.

*Ding dong*

"I'll get it."

I said.

"No, I will you are hurt."

"Tom!"

His mother said with excitement.

"Hello mother. Come in."

I was still sitting on the chair. Tom's mother looked at me.

"Is this her? She is so beautiful!"

"Yes. Mom this is Lexi, Lexi this is Diana my mother."

"Hello Mrs. Hiddleston."

I said. She came up to me gave me a hug and told me to call her grandma. While I was walking to the sink for some water my knee was hurting and I was limping.

"Are you ok?"

Diana asked me.

"Oh yes I am fine I just had a little accident this morning."

Tom butted in.

"That was not little you tripped over a branch and scraped you're knee."

"Oh dear."

She sat across from me at the table while Tom went to cook lunch. She asked me a few questions. Then a lot of questions. Some I didn't know how to answer.

"Mom stop interrogating her, she's shy."

"Sorry Tom I just wanted to get to know her."

"It's fine."

I said.

"Lunch is ready."

"Yay! Steak!"

I said with excitement. After we ate and cleaned up lunch Tom had something planned. He took us to the lake.

"Lex be carful."

"I will don't worry."

We sat near the pond for about fifteen minutes just talking but then Mrs. Hiddleston had to leave.

"Bye Tom. Bye Lexi."

She gave us each hugs bye. Then she had to go to work. We stayed by the pond for a little bit more. Then we walked back home. When we got home I laid on the couch because I was so tired. Tom sat next to me. I fell asleep on the couch next to Tom. When I woke up it was 8:44 pm so I went to bed. Tom was still on the couch. Tom had spent the night on the couch.