Ch. 4 - Izuku vs. Todoroki

Author: undefmidi

2017

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

(A/N) – I am here to say that I am NOT abandoning ANY of my works; I just want some time of leisure...

;-;

Also, if you're on Fanfiction, you can follow me on Wattpad. I am way more active there, and you can see what I am planning to do more in-depth.

Username: @undefmidi

This is my third fanfic, I hope you like it!

And if you like it, please share it!

...

Chapter 4 – Izuku vs. Todoroki

Cheers and surprised sounds resounded throughout the arena; the green-haired boy won. He successfully freed himself from a brainwash, and without his quirk beat his opponent. Everyone was surprised.

The winner – Izuku Midoriya smiles from happiness. He won after all... Though he is worried about something.

Oh yes... Hitoshi Shinso. He was Izuku's opponent, and had a similar problem to him: He was judged by what he is, or rather, what he has: A quirk capable of brainwashing people. Shinso was often branded as 'A Villain' just for having that quirk, something that he was never in control of.

Izuku had a similar problem, though he was judged by what he didn't have: A quirk. Izuku was one of the 20% - The unlucky; unblessed ones... But that didn't stop him, no! Izuku didn't stop his search for the title of Hero... He was blessed, but that didn't remove all of the efforts he made, it only gave him a push: Izuku won his quirk by his own effort, not by being born with it; he earned it.

And for being hit with a similar problem, Izuku felt that he needed to talk to Shinso – who was currently frustrated.

"Shinso." Izuku called him.

The purple-haired boy looked behind him.

"Yes?" Hitoshi answered, not wanting to hear brag or even an insult; he got that a lot.

"You want to be a hero, right?" Izuku questioned.

Shinso pondered for a bit, searching words.

"I do, always did... Even though I do, people always branded me for a villain... This quirk is really intimidating, isn't it?" Shinso answered Midoriya and questioned him as well.

Izuku looked at him, smiled, and pointed towards the crowd that was now behind him. Shinso was confused but looked nonetheless.

He saw some heroes talking about something and looking at him, so he decided to go closer and listen. Hitoshi was happy when he heard what they were talking about: They were praising him and giving suggestions about how his quirk was so useful, and how U.A is stupid of letting him in the General Department.

Shinso almost shed tears of happiness but kept it. After suppressing them, his friends started to praise him, and tell him about how he is the star of the General Department.

Izuku was happy to see this, and after giving them a goodbye, he left the arena.

...

Izuku was really anxious, I mean, he will fight Todoroki!

Shoto Todoroki – Son of Endeavor, and the prodigy of the 1-A class, along with Katsuki Bakugo. Who wouldn't be afraid of fighting him? But Izuku has to overcome this fear/anxiety, for he wants to be a hero... Though something has been bothering him: Todoroki really hates his father for some reason.