Ch. 9 - Curiosity

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

Hey, I got a twitter! Follow me there in order to get news on stories, occasional polls, sneak peeks, memes and other stuff!

@undef_midi

If you like it, please share it!

...

Chapter 9 – Curiosity

Izuku, almost every day, trained in the morning. He went to the school gym and just did his exercise routine. Even after inheriting One for All, he had to train in order to get in shape, and unlock more of the potential of his quirk... The path to becoming a hero, or even, the symbol of peace wasn't an easy one; and he understood it.

That's why he pushed himself more and more every day. In the beginning, he vomited, grunted in pain, had sore muscles for days to follow, and more... But he continued; he never gave up, even with his mother's occasional worried questions, or with the concern that some felt towards him...

But he had to suffer more than anyone else in order to stand where they were, where he wanted to be. Izuku didn't receive his quirk out of luck, nor when he was born, nor by any quirk-marriages... He got his quirk by pure, gut-wrenching training and effort.

And there he was—U.A. Academy, the no.1 school for wannabe heroes, and Japan's most famous institution related to heroes. With a big plethora of professional heroes teaching under the school, and with huge support from the government, U.A became the biggest target for those wannabe heroes.

But not just that, he was the disciple of the no.1 hero, All Might, and even inherited his quirk... He couldn't ask for more and even felt like he didn't deserve anything (much to the dismay of All Might, that had mentioned to Izuku that he got all of that by his own effort).

Shrugging his usual contemplation, Izuku focused back on the punching bag. His hands were calloused from his training; he was still getting used to this new regimé that incorporated boxing and taekwondo, along with some physical endurance exercises.

He was by himself at the gym, at 5 'o clock in the morning. That calm solitude was something he enjoyed and often longed for. After long periods dealing with studies, training, and social interactions, he needed that alone time. As an introvert, he was like a battery: After interacting for a long time, he would be discharged. Being alone was like charging the battery, and it made him happy.

And with a punching bag, he could focus less on the issues, problems, and worries of his school life. With every punch, the bag was pushed away; but the gravity always pulled it back in its place. Izuku took the challenge of winning against the bag.

With sheer strength, he punched the sandbag, sending it back again and again.

Jab; Cross; Hook; Uppercut—With that simple combination of basic moves he gradually got used to the boxing style and instinctively began to incorporate it into his hero training.

He repeated the moves more and more, his steps began to get faster and a smile plastered across his face. His eyes held no hesitation, only the strive and determination he always had to become a hero. The bag was gradually pushed back more and more, and Izuku's moves only got faster and faster... but even then, he was only a beginner and they were sloppy.

He had no defenses up; he only attacked. However, he didn't care about that at that moment: It was only him and the bag in a rhythmic dance; back and forth, back and forth.