Ch. 15 - Nejire vs. Momo

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story, and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

If you like it, please share it!

> REUPLOADED, SINCE WATTPAD BROKE <

...

Chapter 15 – Nejire vs. Momo

Nejire wasn't expecting Izuku to come to the rescue.

He had flung himself out of nowhere, grabbing Todoroki out of battle. Thanks to him, she could properly fight without minding two people attacking her at once.

Todoroki, who was the biggest threat for her, was taken out of the equation - but that alone wouldn't atone for her lack of rest. Her sluggish motions and heavy breathing only proved that further.

"Nejire," Momo's gaze had an underlying meaning that Nejire couldn't understand. "I will not go easy on you."

"... Neither will I," She responded nonetheless.

Both of the girls prepared themselves for undeniable combat.

Nejire breathed in and out, clinging to any sort of calmness and rest she could achieve before fighting. Her quirk allowed her to exchange vitality into shockwaves, however, tiredness loomed over her lack of rest.

Momo, on the other hand, gazed constantly at Nejire's eyes. An uncanny shade of seriousness reflected on her usually round, bubbly face.

The strong incense of rust encrusted the battlefield as the two girls wordlessly assumed their stances. The thick atmosphere permeated through the arena.

A bird flying overhead was the signal! - Momo kicked the ground with an unnatural heap of strength.

She wouldn't let Nejire, an outsider, get closer to her objective, no! She had worked far more than her in that aspect, so why should she give up to her?

Momo's stride became stronger with each step. A heap of unsaid bitterness clawed up her throat as she activated her quirk. Those bitter words had contaminated her mind over the years, being chained by uncertainty.

Nejire, however, couldn't understand the reason for her furious impetus - but that didn't mean she wouldn't fight back: Quick-wittedly, her quirk activated with a bang. In an instant, her body was launched overhead of Momo, landing right behind her.

Using her momentum, she kicked her--

"!!"

However, Momo was faster: with the flick of her wrist, a wooden staff finished creating. Before Nejire's kick hit, she turned around and blocked it.

Her blood boiled with action and bitterness. With every beat of her racing heart, adrenaline pumped. She had never felt like this in her entire life.

The clueless look on Nejire's face irritated the usually calm Momo.

How can she not know?!

Using her newfound sentiment, she swung the staff with a might she didn't know she could muster.

Nejire blocked the incoming strike with a well-placed shockwave. Momo wasn't ready for that quick reaction - the staff rotated in the air before rolling on the ground multiple times, far away from them.

But she wouldn't let that be the end! Using an opening, Momo grabbed Nejire's hanging leg and used her weight to throw her off-balance, successfully throwing her on the ground, and mounting on her back.