Ch. 12 - Battle Royale: II

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story, and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

If you like it, please share it!

...

Chapter 12 – Battle Royale: II

The battle royale was fierce; between traps and fights, the students were giving their all. No one was doing a half-assed attempt. Everyone wanted to win the fight.

Izuku and Nejire were no exception: they kept slashing and dashing, taking one group at a time. They didn't have it easy, of course, but they had the upper hand. She was a third-year after all, and one of the Big Three.

After running away from one of the fight scenes, Nejire and Izuku reached one of the high-points of the arena, looking for any possible attack from behind, front or even below.

"I... wonder how... many are left..." Izuku panted with a waterfall of sweat pasting his shirt on his body uncomfortably.

"Not many, I guess," Nejire answered, less tired than him. They had fought with Koji and Denki's group, managing to win. They had to dodge Kaminari's attacks really often, therefore draining their energy a lot.

They decided to rest a bit since that place didn't seem vulnerable at all. However, they couldn't avoid being careless since everyone in that class was, in fact, a potential threat.

"Izuku," Nejire called in a low-tone as to not call much attention.

"Hm?" He kept his eyes set below them and ears attentive to any possible dangerous noise.

"Why... do you want to become a hero? I'm really curious."

"Huh? Um..." He was a bit confused since that came out of nowhere.

"I just saw you really giving your all without any shred of hesitation... That intrigued me."

"It's, well..." He stammered. "I... really admired heroes when I was younger. As much as I do now, of course!" He fiddled his hands together. "I really... want to become a hero, save those in need..." He paused, still guarding the place. "'Can you help the things your heart long for?' is what Shinso told me after the Sports Festival."

"That's..." She halted for a second, only to jump at Izuku and grab him.

"?!"

Her arms clutched around him, surprising the young boy, and in the bat of an eye, they were flying high up in the air. The place they were previously at was completely destroyed by Nejire's shockwaves.

Izuku didn't need to think that hard to understand that they were attacked by someone, and so, he readjusted his position to be able to see who was the attacker.

Ice. A huge mountain of ice emerged from the building's barrens, rapidly forming a path in their direction. Two figures glided across the forming bridge.

Izuku didn't need to see the face of the one who had created that path.

"Todoroki!" Izuku informed the focused Nejire.

"And Yaoyorozu as well!" She answered, remembering the groups that were formed the day before the Battle Royale.

It goes without saying that it would be a hard confront. They were already tired from fights with other groups, and they even got interrupted while resting. They were in a really deep pinch.

Todoroki began to strafe ice shards at them; he was a machine-gun. They had no time to think as he began to hit both of them.

"GAH!!!"

One shard ripped the air and darted towards Izuku, hitting his hand. He lost his balance and composure and began to fall down. Izuku fell on one of the virtually infinite numbers of pipes crossing the field, falling repeatedly until he slammed the ground. He managed to fall down without any fatal injuries, fortunately. Although, that didn't remove the fact that he was in deep, rough pain: he began to desperately breathe, unrhythmically trying to clutch onto conscience.

Izuku stole a glance at his harmed hand; it was frozen with a heavy layer of ice covering it; it was blue and numb, not ready to engage in a fight.

There was nothing he could do but to stand up and hide. He had to find Nejire and continue with their plan of getting one group after another.

He ran and ran, trying to hide in the shadows along the way.

I have to run!

I need to find Nejire!

I'm afraid I'll find other groups!

Those thoughts rammed his head repeatedly like the clock's chime. His mind was a messy whirlpool of worries and fears, but he had to walk forward.

One step at a time he reached a closed area with a bigger density of pipes. He had been following the direction in which he felt shockwaves coming from. There was no other person with a quirk similar to hers in the assignment; the closer to it was Jirou with her soundwaves, but Izuku had a hunch it was Nejire.

GACHIIN!!

Ice began to hit the buildings atop Izuku. They weren't aimed exactly at him, but they were still too close for comfort.

He distanced himself a bit from the ice that rained down from above and analyzed the situation. Nejire had fallen down on the ground along with Todoroki and Yaoyorozu, that began to attack her together. They weren't really synchronized together since they had never been in a duo with each other, but somehow they managed to pull off some combos.

Todoroki was in the frontline while Yaoyorozu built long-ranged weapons to use against Nejire, who wasn't having it easy. She could be a third year and one of the Big Three, but with her tiredness, being cornered and the terrain, she began to falter.

Izuku noticed that and steeled himself. He flicked his finger, pointing at the ground below his feet.

His body was cannonballed forward, crossing the air at the speed of a car. He shifted his position in the air and closed in on the nearest person to him. His hands clutched onto the clothing of the person he couldn't even make out in the midst of that action.

"Nejire, take care of the other one—GAH!!!" Izuku yelled while dragging the person he caught across several meters, eventually entering and clashing inside a closed building.

The ground and the building rumbled with the sudden impact from Izuku's flight. He had hit the inner wall body-first with whoever he had caught. For a moment he was dazed, strengthless. He had to force himself to stand up and fight the person he had caught.

"Ughh..." He heard a voice emerging from the darkness of that building's inside. It was cold and hard, calm yet attentive.

Yet Izuku noticed the red flag he had stepped on. For moments, silence reigned. His guard was up and his pose was ready to attack. He hadn't mastered One for All enough to not hurt himself, so he had to find a way to fight in the dark and against one of his most powerful opponents...

"Todoroki—!"

...

I am back boiiiii!!!!
Finally found inspiration to continue working on my fanfictions... Sorry for the months without any updates ;-; (Don't kill me please).

Will try to update frequently.

Well... That's it, I guess?

Undef's out,

Stay cold!