Chapter 3

Jenni's POV
Roman ushered me into the large tent where two men were standing with their backs to me.

"Adam did you hear me?" Roman asked clearly annoyed.

The taller of the two men waved a hand as if dismissing Roman, "Yes but I'm busy can this wait?"

I looked at the tall man and noticed he was wearing a black coat with a red rose motif set into a white design on the back.

"Adam just turn around," Roman said again.

The tall man turned around and I got a good look at his face. His hair was a mixture of brown and red and just above his temples mixed into his hair was a pair of black bull horns. The strangest thing about him however was the silver mask covering his lower forehead and eyes.

"What is so important Roman?" He asked.

Roman pushed me forward, "Jenni Opal meet Adam Taurus. The leader of the Vale branch of the white fang. Adam this little lady would like to join our cause."

"Our cause?" Adam asked.

Roman waved a hand about, "our cause, your cause who really cares?"

I could hear Adam growl under his breath but after a second he sighed and looked down at me, "Jenni is it?"

I looked up and felt intimidated by his mask but I slowly nodded, "J-jennifer Opal is my n-name but I go b-by Jenni, yes."

Even though he was wearing a mask I could tell Adam was surprised, but he was quick to suppress it again, "you don't look like a Faunus to me."

I opened my mouth and showed him my fangs and that only seemed to freak him out more. "Are y-you ok?"

"I'm fine," he said, "look kid I appreciate this and all but I don't think you're the type we need. We need warriors."

I looked at the floor sadly, "I understand. I'll just leave then."

Roman stopped me before I could move and whispered in my ear, "show him what you can do."

"Roman I can't do anything," I whispered back.

He gave me a look and suddenly I knew what he meant.

I turned back and looked around the room and my eyes fell on a large chainsaw that must've belonged to the other man in the room who hadn't spoken since I arrived.

I held my hand out palm down toward the machine and focused. As usual I could feel every inch of the machine down to the tiniest detail. I tightened my hand into a fist and the chainsaw shattered immediately into tiny metal shards. Adam and the other man stared open mouthed at me and I gulped.

"You destroyed my saw!" The man yelled getting uncomfortably close to me.

"Banesaw enough," Adam said holding him back.

"I-I can f-fix it," I stuttered out.

I raised my hand again and the small pieces mimicked my hands movements. A hologram of the chainsaw appeared in my mind and I began to put the pieces back together until the reformed chainsaw fell to the ground. Whole and like it had never been broken."

Roman smirked, "see how can you keep out a girl that can do that?"

The bull Faunus man sighed and turned to Banesaw, "take her to Blake."

I couldn't tell if it was my imagination or not but I swore I saw a faint blush on Adam's cheeks. I didn't have time to think about it though as Banesaw roughly grabbed my shoulder and yanked me out of the tent before throwing me into the nearest one on the right.

"Welcome newbie," he laughed yanking the tend flap shut.

A black cat Faunus with golden eyes looked up at me, "Hello."