Chapter 14

Well everyone it's been a while since I updated this story. I guess it's about time for my monthly update of this book. XD. I'm trying to get these chapters out but I'm finding less and less time to write recently. Regardless I still hope you all like this chapter.

Three Month Time-Skip

Third Person POV

As the late afternoon faded into evening the only thing that could be heard in the Forest Of Forever Fall was crickets chirping. Well that and the sound of Jenni working on one of her many projects. Currently she was working on Roman's Melodic Cudgel giving it some much needed upgrades, in her opinion anyway. She began threading a rope down the length of the cane's tube and tied it to the inside of the handle making her own version of a grappling hook.

Suddenly she heard footsteps outside the tent which was then followed by Blake walking in and crashing on the bed. The two girls hadn't talked since their fight but Jenni couldn't help but notice that something seemed wrong. Sighing she looked up ever so slightly.

"What's wrong?"

Blake didn't answer.

"Blake?"

Jenni asked again

The cat girl sighed and lifted her head off the pillow.

"Adam. Adam is what's wrong."

"Oh,"

Jenni said looking back down at the project in her lap.

"What about him?"

"He's acting different,"

Blake explained.

"Different?"

Jenni asked.

"He killed someone right in front of me Jenni,"

Blake said.

Jenni immediately looked up

"He did what?!"

Blake nodded slowly.

"Do you know why?"

Jenni asked.

"He said it was self defense,"

Blake said.

"But this isn't the first person he's killed."

"There's been others?"

Jenni asked in shocked, eyes widening a bit.

Blake nodded sadly.

"Well have you talked to him about it?"

Blake sighed

"I've tried but every time I do he tells me that it was an accident or that they attacked first. Honestly I don't know what to do."

Jenni sat there in silence before Blake spoke up again.

"I want to leave."

Jenni looked up at her again,

"What? I thought you liked being in the White Fang."

"I do! Well I-I did. It's complicated. Lately I've been noticing people treating us like equals."

Blake said

"Isn't that a good thing?"

Jenni asked, slightly confused.

Blake shook her head,

"They're not doing it because they want to. They're doing it because they feel like they have to. They're scared of us."

"Why's that?"

Jenni asked.

"We've been doing some horrible things. We've been setting fire to shops that won't serve us and stealing from companies that use Faunus labor."

"So that's why you want to leave?"

Jenni asked

The cat Faunus nodded

"And I want you to come with me."

The bluenette looked shocked

"Blake....I can't."

"Why not?!"

She asked

"I'm happy here. I have friends. I'm doing something I love. I don't want to leave."

"Even after all I just said you still want to stay?"

Blake asked

Jenni nodded sadly

"Look I'll cover for you if anyone asks if I knew about you leaving but I can't go with you."

Blake sighed

"Alright that's your choice."

She then stood up and walked over to the entrance of the tent.

"Where are you going?"

Jenni asked

"Adam and I have a mission tomorrow. I'm going to go prepare. I have to know when the best time to give him the slip will be."

Blake said

Jenni nodded and sadly watched as Blake left.

Blake's POV

As I made my way across the camp towards Adam's tent regret began to cloud my mind. Had I made the right choice by not forcing Jenni to come with me? Was I making the right choice by leaving? Where was I going to go? What was I going to do with myself?

As I got closer to Adam I noticed that he wasn't alone. Three others were with him, one was a woman with dark hair wearing a red dress, another was a woman who looked slightly younger then the first woman who had dark skin and mint green hair, and the third was a young man with sliver hair. I couldn't tell what was going on but whatever it was Adam didn't seem happy.

"I told you your ideas are not ones I'm willing to entertain."

The dark haired woman scowled before she bowed to Adam,

"Very well."

She then turned and left with her two associates and slowly I walked over to Adam,

"What was that about?"

I asked

Adam sighed

"Nothing. We need to finish preparing. The train will be here at dawn."

He walked off and I followed behind him.