Chapter 16

The Jenni x Roman edit was made by JessicaCiane
Alright so another quick little author's note and this time it's about the content of this chapter. I want to warn you now that this chapter may be unsettling to some. I'm not saying that this is a mature rated chapter just know that this won't be the happiest chapter in the world.

Jenni's POV

It was finally go time. Earlier this morning Roman has given me my forged admission papers to Haven along with the specific instructions that we would leave tonight after everyone went to sleep.

I began shoving pieces of scrap metal and other machine parts into my bag just in case I needed them.

As I tied my bag up I began to wonder where Roman was. I felt like he should've been here by now. Almost immediately after that thought crossed my mind I heard the telltale sound of the warehouse door opening followed by the sound of Roman's footsteps.

"Roman!"

I yelled running over to him and giving him a hug.

"I was beginning to worry that you weren't coming."

"Of course I was,"

Roman said returning the hug.

"I wouldn't miss saying goodbye to my jewel."

"Goodbye? What are you talking about?"

I asked slightly confused.

"Well sweetheart. I really love my job and unfortunately part of it is getting rid of you."

Roman said.

I began to feel sick inside when I heard the door open again revealing Adam.

"R-Roman what's going on?!"

I asked.

"It's nothing person Jenni it's just part of my job. Adam you know what to do."

Adam sighed and drew his sword.

I looked at the two of them in horror and tried to run but I didn't get far before I felt Adam's sword cut into my left leg right below my knee. I feel to the ground scuffing my palms a little. I tried to get up but I soon realized I couldn't stand up and a quick look down at my leg revealed why.

"What was that?! You were supposed to cut off her head not her leg!"

Roman yelled.

"Oh no I missed."

Adam said sarcastically.

Roman growled in annoyance.

"I guess if you want something done right you have to do it yourself."

Roman said walking toward me, cane in hand.

I laid on the ground and Roman approached me and put the muzzle of his cane against my chest.

"Roman please! I thought you loved me! Don't you even care about me?"

I cried.

Roman smirked

"You know that's the funny thing about love sweetheart. It's a shame how fast it dies."

He pulled the trigger and I screamed when I heard the shot go off. Oddly enough though I didn't feel anything. I didn't feel any new pain. In fact the only thing I felt was wind. It was like I was moving. When I opened my eyes I found that I was moving. Someone was carrying me on their back as they ran. Looking up slightly I saw a familiar black bow.

"Blake?"

I asked slowly.

Blake didn't answer and continued running toward the city. Once we made it she set me down on the ground and reached up to tear off one of the sleeves of my jacket.

"Hey!"

I yelled.

Blake ignored me and wrapped the material around my bloody leg.

"We need to get you to a hospital,"

Blake said putting me on her back again.

"Oh and Jenni when we get there do not open your mouth."

"But Blake-"

I protested.

"No! Don't open your mouth! Understand?!"

I nodded slowly and retracted my fangs in my mouth.

When we reached the hospital Blake tried to find someone to help me and I felt someone pry me off her back and set me on a cot.

"Blake..."

I said softly holding my hand out to her.

"Don't worry everything's gonna be ok."

Blake said

I felt someone put something over my face and everything went black.

————————————-————————-

When I woke up I found that I was lying in a hospital bed with an IV line in my arm. My clothes had been replaced with a hospital gown and my bag was on the ground next to my bed.

Sighing I pulled back the blanket revealing a large white gauzy bandage wrapped around the stub of my left leg.

I felt tears prick my eyes and I covered my leg up again.

"Well glad to see you're up," a voice said from the doorway.

"Hey Blake,"

I said sadly.

Blake sat down next to me.

"Jenni I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. It's my fault. You were right I should've left. I shouldn't have trusted Roman. I was stupid."

Blake sighed,

"I'll go tell a doctor that you're up ok?"

I nodded slowly and watched as she left.

Sighing sadly I looked around the room. My eyes then fell on my bag that still had my spare parts in it. Slowly I began to get an idea. I used my semblance to shape the parts and hold them together until I had an oddly shaped prosthetic.

"Guess this will do,"

I said putting in on and tying it to my knee with a spare piece of leather I had.

"Well looks like I'll have to get a better one. Which means unfortunately it looks like I'm going home."

A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें