now...

*One week later (Friday)*

ELEVEN'S POV

My eyes shoot open to the sound of a door opening. The tile pressed up against my body with only a thin piece of fabric blocking the cold tile from my pale skin makes me shiver. My joints ache, my head pounds, and I constantly feel like I'm going to vomit. I want to go home. I'm in that small room again, the one that was in a few years back. The one I would bang on with my hands chanting at the top of my lungs the scaring word: 'Papa'. I stair at the feet right in front of me and sigh. "get away from me." I softly say. The feet come closer. "I SAID GET AWAY!" I screech sliding back. I look at the lab worker who tested on me yesterday, and the day before that. I stair into his cold blue eyes. "Now Eleven, you know what happens when you don't work with me." He says smiling. "!" I shout scooting back to the wall. "Eleven." He cocks an eyebrow. He says coming up to me and taking knee coming face to face with me. I glare at him. "No" I shake my head.   He grabs my wrists in a fast motion. "NO!" I say trying to jerk away but his grip is tight. I hold back a sob, and regain my act , I breath in closing my eyes. I open my eyes and say "Please stop," I say staring at him. He lets go of my wrists. "Thanks." I drop my hands to my side. 

MIKE'S POV

I stack a pile of boxes in my basement on a small coffee table by the couch. I put a big bulky camera on top of them and press record. 

"Hi, Its day 7 ever since you... died. I'm going to try not to get emotional, but I have a feeling your alive. I know, It sounds crazy and I watched-I-I watched you... pass away. But-I-I don't know. I miss you, we all miss you... You brought out the best of me, and no one else could do that but you. I wish I said bye or something, It killed me inside when-" 

A tear rolls down my cheek

"I'm sorry, I don't even know why I'm making this. Maybe you will see this in heaven... I love you, I love you a lot..." I have a short moment of silence and let out a sob still looking at the camera. I cover my face as I turn it off.  I put the fairly heavy camera on the couch. 

I look at the little fort I made for eleven when I we were twelve, I can barely fit in it now but I like it. I some how have been able to keep it up for all these years. I smile through the tears slowly running down my face. 

"Hey Mike," My attention snaps to Will standing at the top of the stair case. "How are you holding up?" He  smiles sympathetically, taking slow steps down the stairs. I sniffle quickly wiping the tears from my cheeks. "I'm-I'm fine..." I pull on a fake smile for him. "Mike... You don't look fine" he puts fine in air quotes. "I'm not fine, I have never been fine ever since she...". I stop, not wanting to say died ."Her memorial is on Sunday. You can say bye to her," He says staying in his place on the stairs. I nod pursing my lips. I can't bare to see her lifeless body one more time, but I have to, Eleven would want me there. "I still don't fully except her death, I feel like she is still alive, that her heart is still beating, and her eyes are filled with color and joy... I-I don't know,"  I shake my head. Will nods, "Maybe, nothing has been normal in the past few years, so you never know, her death could just be another strange happening." Will shrugs. "Maybe..." I say looking at the fort again. Silence falls upon us. "I'm going to give you some time alone, I think you need it," Will says making my attention go to him again. "Yeah, bye Will." I smile "Bye Mike." I watch him walk up the stairs and out of the basement. 

A sob slips through my lips again. I want Eleven back, I want to rap her in my arms and kiss her soft lips. But she is gone. I want to hold her hand and talk to her. After all these years she has to leave this early. I look back at the fort letting more tears run down my face. I walk to the fort. I lay down on the layers of puffy blankets and duvets. I curl into a ball so there is room for myself and a stuff my face in the pillow. The thin layer of cotton covering the pillow smells like Eleven. Like her thick brown hair that has a faint scent of fresh strawberries. It makes me cry even more. til I'm drenched in my own salty tears along with the pillow taking the beautiful scent away.