Christmas

MIKE'S POV

My eyes slowly open to Eleven shifting in her sleep. Eleven is curled up in fetal position facing the other way from me. My arms are wrapped around her and I'm so close to her that my nose is touching the back of Eleven's neck. We went to bed early last night because Eleven was really tired. I pear over her head to check the clock. Its 12:09. I'm sure my mom is really happy with me that I wasn't there for Christmas morning. It doesn't matter though. I'm with Eleven, and that's the best Christmas present ever. I lightly tap Eleven's arm. 

"El, wake up, it's twelve" I say. She grons,

"do I have to wake up?" The rolls over facing me. Our faces are just inches apart, It's nice being this close to her, I start to notice that what she said was pretty stupid, she is already awake, so she doesn't have to be awake, she just chose to be awake, a little grin spreads across my face at how cute that was. Her eyes quickly look down at my little grin and then back up to my eyes. "You'r already awake El" my grin turns into a smile while I say that. "Well do I have to get up?" Her lips start to curl into a adorable smile to. "Only if you want to," I say, "Great, because I want to cuddle a bit more with you," she moves closer to me. Her head rests under my chin. I put one of my arms on her, holding her tight to me. Her checkered pajama shorts brush against my leg. She wraps one of her arms around my waist and we stay like that in a silence for a while.

WILL'S POV

My mom plays jingle bells faintly in the back round off of a record player she got from Hopper for Christmas. We sit on my bed staring the multiple presents we gave each other piled at the end of my bed. 

"Will, I got you one more thing for Christmas," Conner says giving me a  fairly small green box. Conner doesn't live at my house any more, His dad got really mad at him for being away from home for so long that he forced Conner to live with him, Conner comes over as much as he can to get away his dad. I look down at the green box and back up at him. I smile. "Open it!" He smiles to. I open the box. A small gold ring with small flower ingravings that lie on a bunch of padding. I cover my mouth. "Do you remember the ring?" He looks down at it and back up at me. I nod about to cry. 

"Its your moms... Conner, I can't" The ring has a back story. When we were 14,  we snuck into his moms bathroom and looked at her jewelry. I remember there was ar ing we found in her draw and I fell in love with that ring. I couldn't stop staring at it, I thought it was so pretty. Conner put it on my finger and we had one of our first "moments" (if that's what you call it). Ever since then we had that moment , we always had random conversations about the ring for some reason. The ring was the only thing that his mom left behind.

 "Why are you giving this to me?" I run a finger over the solid gold ring. "because the ring belonged to some one who loved me and who I loved. Witch is my mom, who left me, So I'm giving the ring to you, so it belongs to some one who I love and who loves me," he says looking into my eyes. I stair back at his dark, dark blue eyes, the look brown from a distance but they are really just a deep blue. I tear rolls down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away with the sleeve of my bright red Christmas pajamas. "Thank you" I choke out holding back tears, he is so sweet, I love him to the moon and back infinity times. "Here," He says picking up the ring. I look down at my hand as he slides it on my index finger. "The ring finger is for a ring that is more important," He says twisting the ring around my finger to show the pretty flowers on it. I smile even wider. I look back up at Conner. I cup his cheeks, "I love you," I say softly, "I love you to" He says back.

ELEVEN'S POV

Mike and I eventually leave my room. Mike helped me treat my cuts and scratches. Small bandages rap around my fingers  and band aids pressed against my cuts. The Christmas lights all around my house is so pretty, The tree has so many colorful vibrant decorations on it, I can't stop staring.