The christmas eve of 1986

Lets be honest here, it feels like two chapters Mike and El have been apart but really, its been more than a year. A horrible, sad year for them...

MIKE'S POV

"MIKE! MIKE! MIKE! WAKE UP ITS ALMOST CHRISTMAS" Holly shakes me until I remove my head from the pillow. "Yeah, yeah I know" I say sitting up in my bed. The warm blankets still wrapped around my body protecting me from the cold air in my bedroom. The heating system in my room broke a year ago.  Holly just stands there smiling wide showing all of her teeth beside my bed. "What do you want?" I ask rubbing my eyes. "Can you make me breakfast?" Her grin widens. "Were is mom and dad?" "They are out buying our surprises for tomorrow!" She jumps. I turn to the clock on the other side of my bed.  "At seven in the morning?" I look back at Holly. She nods.  "Fine." I say throwing the blankets off of my body. Holly runs out when I stand up. I run my hand through my curly mess of hair and let out a big sigh. 

I walk down the stairs to see Holly sitting on her seat with a fork and knife held in both of her hands and a plate in front of her. "What do you want to eat?" I ask opening the fridge. "Its in the freezer silly." She giggles. "Okay, so what is in the freezer that you want?" I say shutting the fridge door closed and opening up the freezer. "I want eggos", was she set up to do this? She never eats eggos, "Uh, y-yeah sure..." I say biting my bottom lip taking out the box of eggos on one of the highest shelves. I stair at the box. This was Elevens favorite food, we had them for breakfast for almost every morning. Tears start to form in my eyes. I look up to see Nancy walking into the kitchen. She stairs at me. "Eggos huh?" She smiles. "Yeah, Holly wants them." I say blinking away the tears. "Awe, your thinking of El," She giggles. I look up from the box at Nancy. "W-what no, no. In fact you just reminded me of her and now I'm- I'm sad. Yeah I'm sad now." I am a horrible actor. "Sure, Mike." Nancy pulls up a seat by the counter. "She is alive, I know it." I say running my hand over the box. "Mike Its been a year, you just need to take in the fact that she is dead." "SHE'S NOT DEAD!" I snap, slamming the box on the counter. A tear rolls down my cheek. "You know what Holly, Nancy can make you these eggos." I storm out of the kitchen and run down to the basement. It has a bunch of boxes of El's toys and band posters, and every thing she had in her room or owned. My mom and dad insisted to put the boxes in our yard sale but I said no. I start to cry more once I walk past them.  I sit on the couch slumped back crying, I wish El was here.

ELEVEN'S POV

Today is the day. Today I will run away. I have gained the ability to explode things with my powers and that is exactly what I will be doing to the lab. All the lab workers have left for x-mas break to go back to there families so this is perfect. I sit in my small little room building up the energy to finally do what I have been wanting to do for a while now. I will see Mike again. I have no Idea how long I have been here for but it feels long.

Over the year or so I have been here, I think, the lab people have been catching on to how powerful my power has gotten so they made the door metal with several layers and locks to it. but I can bust through it, the lab people are stupid. 

MIKE'S POV

"MIKE! Would you be a darling and get your sisters some x-mas presants from the mall!" Nancy calls for me from the top of the basement steps. 

"Do I have to?" I say curled up on the couch. "Yes Mike, Mom and dad said." She says walking out of the basement. I sigh. I grab a shirt and some plain tan jeans from a basket of clean cloths next to the couch. I quickly take off my pajama shirt and put on the clean shirt. I do the same with the rest of my cloths and walk out the door playing with my hair I didn't brush through. I haven't gotten my drivers licence yet so I hop on my bike and peddle away.