➴ epitome

You may think she's a normal teen; the ones who can go shopping any day, grab a latte from Starbucks, wear flower crowns like tumblr girls.

But she isn't.

Every day of the week, every minute that passes by, every second that's ticked, Estella Rose is being eaten at constantly, her life shortened by each minute. She can't simply walk outside looking normal, she doesn't have the beautiful mint sorbet colored walls.

She doesn't have those beautiful hot pink comforters, she can't feel the wind blow through her hair, the sun shine on her face. She has the white tacky walls, the pasty white gown without a back to it, the needles pushing into her skin allowing her to live an extra day.

A rare blood type that can only receive from the same blood, and an estimated time of six months left until she meets darkness. Estella doesn't have it easy.

No boys, no close friends other than Nurse Nancy and cancer patient Maddy.

Nancy who's beautiful but has a distracting hairy mole by her lip.

Maddy who's extremely gorgeous, holds such personality but is extremely clingy.

Her parents who stop by everyday, - or at least attempt to.

Diagnosed at the age fourteen, and wishing to one day celebrate her eighteenth birthday as she had to miss her sixteenth by receiving shots, and chemotherapy. Three years they said. Now it's down to six months.

And maybe even a particular volunteer.