➴ thirteen

Song: Thinking Out Loud by the one and only, Ed Sheeran

estella

"Who?" I yelled. Nancy continued laughing, taking a sip of water.

Her eyebrow shot up, a smug smile taking over. She kept drinking her water, avoiding the topic that she had laid out on the table.

"No one," she said, playfully rolling her eyes.

I sat there with an empty plate in front of me, my eyes burning into her. I couldn't help but stare at her as if the answer would come straight on her forehead.

"Look Estella," she said, "If I told you, you would run straight to that person and that person doesn't want you knowing. They clearly said that they wanted their identity to be confidential. Just appreciate that this donor is trying." Nancy looked at me with a small smile on her face.

I sighed pushing my vacant plate away from me, leaning on the counter.

"I do, Nancy. I really do appreciate whoever is trying to donate, but I really want to know who exactly is the donor so I can personally thank them," I sighed.

My phone vibrated, a message from Harry popping up.

H: Babe, what are you doing today?

I smiled and typed right away, the message being instantly read.

"So how's you and rock star?" Nancy asked.

I looked at her amused. "We're good, but he isn't rock, Nance. He's pop."

"That's good to hear. I love that boy, Estella. He's very kind, sweet gentlemen he is," she said taking a sip of her coffee.

"He really is.. Hey, why don't we hang out another day as well? I could use some Nancy time since I don't go to Omskirk as much."

She nodded her head, smiling.

"I can do next Friday if that's alright with you. We can go out to eat and then see a film?" She suggested.

I nodded, "Yeah, sure. Friday is perfect."

"Alright, then it's settled. I'll come like around four or five, I don't know. I'll text you the details but for now I have to go to work. Thanks for letting me stop by for lunch," she said kissing my forehead.

I hugged Nancy, leading us to the door.

"Got it, bye Nance. Have fun," I joked.

She smiled, "Thanks kiddo, have fun with rock star." She winked.

"It's pop!" I corrected. She waved me off, walking into her car and giving it life. Pulling out of the parking she made her way to the pasty hospital.

I closed the door, pondering on who the donor could be. It was a miracle considering the time I had left, and I knew I had to tell my mum so she could figure out who the person is.

I respected that they didn't want their information revealed but it was only so right to thank them personally. For someone to at least attempt to see if their blood matches mine is something amazing. Not only are they giving their blood marrow to me, but they are also taking the time. I know I'd still appreciate it all, but I really wish for their blood to correspond to my blood.

Grabbing my phone from off the counter, I made my way towards Sallys leash and harness, placing it on her. I needed fresh air from being stuck home.

I grabbed my keys and shoved my phone in my pocket and making my way around the block.

It was when I saw Harry looking serious on the phone, gripping his steering wheel that I hid behind my neighbors bush. I kept grabbing body, hugging it gently so she wouldn't walk away.