➴ nine

Song: She is Love by Parachute (song on the side)

ONE MONTH LATER

Staring out the window, I watched as people ran, a family of three riding their bikes together, a boy walking his dog, an elderly walking with an icecream cone in her hand.

Five months. That's all thats left.

Five months of happiness? Five months of sadness?

Who knows what the universe has in plan for me. It can either be an early death, or an extended lifetime by like a day or two.

I sat in the backseat. I didn't feel like sitting in the front, grasping the attention of others and such. The disgusted or confused faces too often bothered me, even if it shouldn't.

If I were the one swinging happily on the swingset, seeing them pass by in the position I'm in, I'd smile.

Mum pulled into the parking lot of the hospital, parking in the closet space to the hospital door.

Taking out her keys, she dropped it into her purse, sighing. Taking out her phone, she scanned through it, opening unread messages.

"Harry will be here in no time, he says he's on his way." She said as she read the message.

"I didn't invite him?" I said confused.

Mum smiled, opening her door, "Well I did."

She closed the door, walking over to my side. I opened my door, slowly coming out.

"Why?" I questioned, tugging out my machine.

"Because I have an important business meeting this morning," she nervously said. Something wasn't right. She never missed a day full of tests.

Without questioning her, I said, "Okay. So you're leaving me with him.." I slowly said.

She nodded, "Well, yeah. Honey, I have never missed any tests you had to take until now, neither has your father. We wanted to reschedule be we couldn't, so I asked Harry."

"You could have ask Edward.." I mumbled, much more comfortable with Ed than I would be with Harry. Ed was the one to come with me when I had to take my first batch of tests.

"Edward? Darling, all I have is Imogens number, and she's quite busy with her store and such. I thought you'd be fine with Harry, you two are a couple anyway," she nudged me.

I laughed, mum wrapping her arm around mine as she lead us to the entrance of the hospital.

"Anyway, Harry doesn't mind at all, he said he was glad to assist you today." She smiled.

I shook my head, adjusting my dress. We waited for Harry to come outside the doors, watching as people rushed into the hospital with tears cascading down their cheeks, a group of people walking in with get-well-soon balloons, and people in wheel chairs exiting from the building.

A black car pulled up into the parking lot, parking next to mums. I watched on, seeing the door open, and a familiar face popped up, his emerald eyes being hidden beneath a pair of Ray-Bans.

Coming to full height, he closed his door locking his car and shoved his keys into his back pocket.

He removed the shades, tucking them onto the neck of his shirt, looking at both sides before crossing the small road. Once he arrived in front of us, he pulled my mum into a hug, kissing her cheek. He then stood in front of me, pulling me into a tight hug along with a kiss to my lips.

Mum smiled, brushing back a piece of hair. "Well, I'll leave it to you two." She pulled me into a hug, kissing my forehead. "Be good," she said. I nodded while chuckling. She then turned to Harry, staring at him and hugging him, surprising us both. It took Harry a second to recognize the situtation before wrapping his arms around my mum.