authors note.

i am truly, truly sad to have come to an end with this book. safe and sound was honestly the first piece i have ever written from the bottom of my heart. yes i do have some chapters where nothing makes sense but this book did come from the bottom of my heart.

most people say: ew why are you romanticizing these kinds of things?
answer: who knows.

i believe it varies in perspectives. in my case, i wanted to show that hope can evolve from anything. it can evolve from a first love, a family member, friends, or from yourself. at first this book was just being written because i thought cancer books were cool and unique, but growing as an author and person i realize that i had more of a reason to do this. i wanted you all to know that even in the darkest eras, you will find that shining light at the end of that dark tunnel. the light of hope will soon fall into your hands, you just have to fight for it.

hope isn't given to you. it's earned. you have to let go and believe that miracles can happen -and although sometimes you're let down, you can't give up. because what if it wasn't your time to recieve hope, but maybe next week or next month it will be? the universe has it's plans, you can't just give up.

as a young writer i have struggled with my ways of writing, and the confidence i now hold. recently i was told the ugly truth that there is someone better than me. my goal this year is to win the "most poetic" award at graduation. i told that to my friend and he/she immediately stated someone else who's going to win it. my confidence immediately fell, i felt as if my world was coming apart. it hurt me, i felt as if i was being stabbed repeatedly. but they taught me something important. you know what they taught me?

i learned that you can't let that get to you, no matter who you hear it from. i love my friend, but at that moment i didn't want to be around them nor did i want to talk to them. i was truthfully wounded and still am. but these things are going to occur when you're trying to succeed in something you're passionate for. you have to move on and say: "can this person do any better?" now, don't go crazy and call them things and create a list of what you can do better, but just realize that you're the one who wants that award, not the critiques. but i still love my friend, and i thank her for doing this because she made me want to not give up.

anyway. i wrote this book for fun, experimenting, some sort of adventure. i wanted to see if this was my sort of genre, i wanted to try something new. i also wrote this because of my grandmother, the person who gave me inspiration to discuss cancer, and realize that yes it is terrible, but it isn't the end of the world.

i want to give a big thanks to those who have stuck with me throughout this book. especially to Brenna, (@smalliphant) who has been here ever since i started wattpad. she has been with me every step of the way, helping me whenever i had a writers block.

if you ever want to begin writing your own stories, go for it. don't let anything stop you. express yourself in a format that you can enjoy.

i also want to send my condolences to those who have lost a loved one due to this monster. i'm very sorry for your loss, but it gets better. it's a cheesy saying but it's true. later on in the future, that experience of losing someone to cancer will aid you later in life and teach you things you have never knew before. i want to wish good luck to those who are battling cancer or know anyone who's battling cancer. stay strong, you can fight it. enjoy your life, it really is too short and get's taken away from us in a blink of an eye.

thank you all so much for reading, and taking your time to wait for updates and putting up with the crappy chapters. i hope you all enjoyed this small "story."

i would also like to mention that i may stop writing stories. i have lost inspiration to write but continue to have so many story ideas. wattpad was just a phase, and phases don't last forever. i am glad that i was given this chance to create beautiful distractions, but im just not so happy with writing anymore. it feels like a chore, instead of a dream.

please don't unfollow me however, in the future i will pick up my laptop and publish stories and chapters and i hope that the remainder of you guys stayed to wait for me to write again.

you are all amazing, if you ever need anyone, i'm here. stay strong x

- saturn