➴ sixteen

Song: Don't Let Me Go by Harryyy, just bc why not

estella

The day's dragged on once again, my daily routine repeated day by day. I'd wake up, brush my teeth, run downstairs to feed my dog, kiss my mum good morning, make a cup of hot chocolate and some French toast, eat, shower, and wait for Harry. The afternoons were left unplanned. There was always something new in stock whenever I was with him.

It was that one day when everything went down, - once again. I wasn't fully upset however, but I was pretty upset to the point where I wanted to swing at someone.

The door rang as Harry and I were cuddled on the couch watching a film.

"I'll get it," Harry said.

"No," I quickly replied placing a hand on his knee. "I'll get it."

I smirked as I got up, stealing the blanket from him, "But I'm taking the blanket."

The house was absolutely freezing for some reason. Fall had yet to arrive, but it was just around the corner. Harry laughed reaching for the control that sat on the coffee table, pausing the movie. Walking towards the door, I looked through the peephole before opening it.

Holy shit.

My heart skipped all the beats that pounded within a minute. It felt as if I were surrounded by glaciers, a sudden frostbite nipping at skin, goosebumps rising. The brunette hair braided to the side was all too familiar. A gasp escaped my lips, feet glued to the ground. I tried moving my hand to open the door, but I felt as if I was frozen in this position. She rang again, her patience drowning.

"Estella!" Harry called, "Is everything all right?"

I stuttered, "Y-Yeah!" I finally called back.

Reaching for the door handle, I unlocked it and slowly opened it. The brunette finally looked up, her hazel eyes peering into my identical ones.

We continued to stare at each other until another presence was felt behind me. Clearing his throat, Harry placed a hand on my waist and slightly pushed me to the side. She finally broke away from my eyes and looked at Harry.

"Harry! Hii, wow it's nice meeting you!" She says extending her hand. She waits for Harry to acknowledge her, but he stands there waiting for an introduction.

My heart races, panic rising within me. I shake my head in shame, for I have been a fool. I left a big part of my life out of the picture, leaving Harry in the oblivion.

"You don't know who I am?" She questions. I shut my eyes, feeling Harry shaking his head. "Thought so," She replies. "Well, I'm Estella's older sister Bethany." She walks in with her ten inch and what not heels, a skin tight red dress with a black leather jacket hugging her breasts. Her hair is left down, hoops dangling from her earlobes, wing eye liner adding effect to her eyes.

I roll my eyes at her appearance. I was raised to never be ashamed of family, but Beth was the only one I was ashamed of. I glanced at Harry to find him glowering at me, his eyes demanding for an explanation.

I grab his hand and begin to pull him into the kitchen, "Uh, excuse us." I say. She rolls her eyes and continues to search the house.

Harry storms in behind me, "What the hell was that?" He whisper-yells.

My hands are immediately thrown into the air, "I can explain." I begin. Harry looks at me expectantly. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Bethany but I had a really good reason, Harry. She walked out on us when she was eighteen. Mum and her got into a fight because she kept drinking and going to clubs and what not. Basically Bethany is a whore and always up to no good," I ramble. Everything was true, but once again I was leaving something out of the picture.