➴ two

song for this chapter: Paradise by Coldplay. Song on the side.

estella

I woke up at eight, waiting for Nancy to burst into my room.

Today was the day that I hoped would turn out just like I imagined it.

I prayed that it wasn't just some kid who needed credit for high school, or maybe even hours in order to pass the year.

I prayed that it wasn't some random boy who was forced to come here by their parents to get a close look at how horrible life can be and how he needs to be grateful for what he has.

I prayed that it was a boy who came here because he wanted to become part of someone's life, changing it forever or for at least the time they had.

As if on cue, Nancy bursted through the doors rushing over to my windows and opening them.

"Good morning sweetheart, how did you sleep?" She kindly asked, rolling in the horrible breakfast the hospital gave.

"Good, and you?" I replied, stretching.

She smiled, grabbing different pieces of clothing from the box I had.

"Good as well. Now tell me which outfit you like best; The dress, the skirt, or the jeans?" She said, holding them up.

"It doesn't matter, um. The dress I guess. Did you already go through my wardrobe and just placed these outfits in for today?" I asked her, scanning over the floral printed dress she held.

I loved it, it had been my favorite dress I purchased.

It had a black background with a floral print detailing, pink flowers with green petals and what not.

"Maybe," she blushed, grabbing a pair of nude flats.

I rolled my eyes smiling, admiring at how Nancy would always try hard to help me impress the volunteers.

"Nancy, it's alright. I'll figure out the rest," I laughed.

She sighed, placing down the items.

"Oh, come here you," she wrapped her arms around me, "You're growing and you need to at least live."

I nodded, "I wish I could grow in my own house." My shoulders slumped.

She shook her head, "Just be happy for the life you have," she smiled.

"Now let's hit the showers." She clapped her hands, grabbing my clothes, and my bathroom needs.

I attempted to place myself in the wheelchair, failing miserably.

"It's alright, we're going to work our way up," Nancy assured me, helping me sit.

I wish, with all my might, if I could just find a way to destroy cancer.

All types. No one deserved such life wrecking events.

It was painful, you can't exactly do what you want to do.

It's jail. You're stuck here, waiting for someone to bail you out, to give you some freedom that you honestly truly deserve.

You're stuck in these rooms, rolling from place to place in complete boredom and misery.

If I could've disconnected all these wires that are helping me live, I would have done it a while ago.

They say, "You need the same type of bone marrow."

If they can't find the same type of blood as I am, then why can't they just let me be?

I would've disconnected these wires if a patient wanted them to a long time ago, and just would've fallen to peace already.