6. First Dates Are Legit✔

Alana's POV

Gosh, we never really know where we'll end up tomorrow ain't it?

We're all just sitting ducks, waiting to see what'll go right and what'll go wrong.

True to his word, Aiden came back to listen to my conditions. I avoid talking about our who fiasco yesterday and smoothly, he ignored it also.

"Rule 1. There will be no personal contact between me and you,  strictly business. I mean it." He smirks and I narrow my eyes.

"Rule 2. I may pull out any time if I don't feel comfortable and Rule 3. I'm not signing a contract."

"Y'know sunflower. . . rules are meant to be broken."

I fake a laugh and smile sarcastically, "No. . . no they weren't."

"Let me take you on a date." He breathes suddenly as we finalize and I lean back in my chair letting out a harsh breath of air.

"I don't date." I tell him. "And I thought I said no personal business."

"I thought I said rules were meant to be broken." I cross my arms getting frustrated and narrow my eyes into slits at him.

He stands and looks down at me.

"You're just afraid that I may actually breakdown your walls." He states arrogantly and I snap, repeating his action by standing up.

"Trust me pretty boy you couldn't break down my walls even if you wanted to." I reply and he smirks rounding the corner and stepping behind my desk. He kicks my chair aside and pushes me against the wall.

Why is it always the wall?

What does he think? This is some cliche romance book?

"Aiden." I warn as he pushes up against me even more. My breath hitches as he grips my waist gently. He stares at me, no longer smirking, but analyzing.

"Oh sunflower, what're you hiding?" He uses his other hand to trace my cheek and I stare back at him, lip pursed."Who hurt you so bad that your walls had to be so high?"

It was like he was talking to himself but I stayed quiet, my heart going a thousand miles per hour.

"Aiden. . ." I murmur and he leans to kiss my cheek.

"You're beautiful, y'know that?"

That one sentence brought back so many memories that I involuntarily let my guard down.

My face slows to a soft smile and he smiles back.

"Give me a chance. ." He whispers and I can't help but stare at his bubblegum pink lips.

"I. . . I can't. . I can't let down my guards just for you. . " I tell him, shaking my head and he frowns. "I barely even know you."

"Which is why people date. So they can get to know each other. C'mon sunflower."

I can't believe this.

Heart I know I promised that I would never let you get hurt again but let me just take this leap.

"Okay. ." I breathe. I just broke my own rule before it was fully in place.

Classic.

"Okay?" He grins and I nod.

He steps back and shoves his hand in his pocket.

"Tonight, 7:30. Text me your address." He hands me his phone and I put my number in, calling myself instantly.