Going back Home

It's been a week since I quit my job and I still haven't found a new one. I just stay in bed all day, playing games on my phone, checking my social media, taking selfies, and looking for jobs online, but I haven't found any luck at it. I'm starting to feel like quitting my job right then and there wasn't really the brightest idea. Maybe I should've looked for another job before quitting the one I had, but it's done now and there's nothing I can do about it. 

    I was about to take a shower when my land lady knocked- no banged on my door. I opened the door and saw her grumpy, old, wrinkled face. 'What a sight' I whisper to myself. "What can I help you with Mrs. Dubinksi?" I said doing my best 'please be good news' face. "Don't give me that face Geltz. You haven't paid this month's and last month's rent yet. I gave you a notice a few weeks back, but I think you didn't even bother to read it." Mrs. Dubinski barked. "I'm sorry Mrs. Dubinski, but I was very busy these past few weeks trying to look for ways to earn money." I said trying to sound pitiful. "Spare me the excuses Geltz! It's either you pay me now or get out!" she said. "What?! How do you expect me to pay two months worth of rent right now? You know I don't have a job right?" I told her trying to be persuasive. "Well I guess it's time to pack your bags and get the hell out of here." She went away and left me stunned. Where am I supposed to go? Where am I supposed to live? I can't be homeless. 

    I finish packing my things and I waited for a cab outside. I had nowhere else to go so I decided to just go back to my parents' no matter how embarrassing it would be. I remember telling them that no matter what I'll be successful here in New York and I'll never need their help again. Only now do I realize that I was wrong. I do need my family and it's very difficult to be living alone, specially in a city as big as New York. It's a good thing too that I was able to book a flight last minute with the remaining money I had.

    I hop on a cab and went straight to JFK. While waiting for the plane to take off, I couldn't help but think of what face I'll show my parents. What would they think of me? Their daughter who had a big head and a lot to say going back to them because she was homeless and jobless. This is like a really huge reality check for me. I begin to drowse off immediately after the plane took off. The flight's gonna take a while so I wanted to take a nap. Getting some shut eye after a long day isn't a bad idea.