Saturday and wine

Shan's POV

Okay, calm down. It's just another day. There's nothing to worry about. I'm going to see One Direction and everything's gonna be fine. But what if I have a bad hair day? or my breath smells? or my armpits smell?or I break out? If any of those are to happen, Niall will never notice me, but no. "Think positive Shan. You're gonna look pretty today. I mean come on. The money you used up on skin care products and makeup better guarantee you a pretty face right?" I think to myself. I never felt like this towards any guy before. I never felt butterflies in my stomach or feel the need to look pretty. Not until today, so I hope it'll be worth it.

I look at the clock and it's half past 10 and the performance isn't until 5pm so I decided to pick up some last minute things just in case. I ask Maven to come with me to the mall for some brotherly support and to tell him that I like Niall. I started to get ready so we could be back at home in time for me to prepare for the concert. The trip to the mall was relatively fast seeing that there was no traffic today. I went to my favorite make up store to buy the perfect lipstick. Something that says I'm not a slut but I'm not a virgin either. After picking up the correct shade, I went to the grocery store to pick up some wine for my mom since she asked me to get some. While we were walking, I asked my brother how he would feel if I started dating someone. "Who the fuck would want to date you?" he answered back. The nerve pf this guy! I slapped his arm and he yelped in pain. "What was that for?" he shouted. "For being such an arsehole. But seriously how would you feel?" I asked. "Well, if you ask me, I wouldn't really mind since you're my little sister and I want you to be happy. It's mom, dad, and Clyde that you have to ask. They're the ones who are overprotective of you." he warned. That left me with little to say. I didn't know that they felt that way.

    After getting the wine, Maven and I went home so I could start preparing for the concert. After opening up to him I felt like our bond as brother and sister became stronger. It's like we grew closer to each other. As we pull in on our driveway, Maven and I went out the car and I hugged him to thank him for the support that he gives me. After we let go of the embrace I see Niall looking angry and just walked away. What was he doing here alone? Didn't he have to prepare for their concert? What if he came to tell me he liked me too? Oh no maybe my only chance with him was ruined? I really fucked up this time. Looks like I'm going to need that wine after all.