Am I Too Late?

SHAN's POV:

       I saw Niall get in his car and ride away. Why did he come here alone? It's not like we were the closest of friends or anything. Maven and I went inside the house so I could start preparing for the concert. I took a quick shower and picked out the clothes I bought. I decided to wear an olive green crop top with matching olive green track pants, a black baseball cap, and my Stan Smiths. I was just about to finish getting dressed when I received a text from Liam.

    "Shan are you with Niall?" what a question. Why on earth would I be with him? I mean I like him and all, but he's not my boyfriend yet so why ask me? "No, but I saw him earlier but he just left without saying hi. why?" I ask getting a bit nervous. "Well he left after rehearsals to go see you. Said he had something very  important to say." My heart skipped a beat after reading the message. "What was it?" I texted back. "We don't know. The guy kept it private. Must be really serious." I started imagining stuff in my head like what if he was going to tell me he liked me back or better, he was going to propose! But I snapped out of it before I got way too ahead of myself.

    I finished doing my make up and was just about to get in the car when I received a call from Liam. "Shan, Niall's at the hospital. He got into a really serious accident and he's 50/50 right now. Head to the hospital quick" I froze. I didn't know what to do. It's like my heart exploded. I tell Maven to step on the gas and go straight to the hospital. I have to see him. I have to see Niall. Every second that goes by feels like another second lost. What if he doesn't make it? What if he dies? NO! He can't die! He won't die! I still have to tell him I love him. I start crying in the car and Maven comforts me telling me everything's gonna be okay. Right now those words really means a lot and it helped too.

    We get to the hospital and I ask the nurses where he is, but they didn't tell me a thing since they thought I was a part of the press. Luckily I see Zayn, eyes sore from the crying. Oh no, what if? No he's not! I ask Zayn where Niall is and he goes with me to Niall's room. The moment I go in, my knees felt like they were gonna give. I drop to the floor and started crying.