50/50

NIALL's POV

 I requested rehearsals and set ups for the concert start extra early today since I want to have enough time to prepare and ready myself for when I see Shan and confess my feelings to her. For the past few days, nothing's been on my mind aside from that pretty face of hers. I couldn't get much sleep either since I've had a lot of anxiety from worrying how she'll take my confession. Will she say she likes me back? Will she be my girlfriend? Will we be a couple? Will she reject me? Well whatever her decision is, there's no stopping me. My decision is final. I'm gonna confess my feelings and that's final.

Before rehearsals started I asked my assistant to get a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates for Shan since Liam told me that she likes those classic bouquets and chocolates guys give the girls they like in movies. I find her liking romantic movies so cute since she doesn't look like the type of person to like those kinds of movies. She looks more of a slasher/thriller movie kind of girl, but nonetheless she's still gorgeous and still love her, even if the chances of her liking me are a bit slim.

Rehearsals felt like forever. It felt like the sound checks would never end, but the moment it did I went immediately backstage to get a shower and get dressed since it was already 2pm and I had to go to Shan's place and if everything goes according to plan, I'll be taking her back with me to the concert venue.

I get in my car and blast my ac to the max level since it was fuckin hot. I wore something simple but still had the impression that I was a gentleman. I wore a plain black v neck and sun glasses, ripped denim jeans, and my classic chuck taylors. I stopped by at a Starbucks to get myself a caramel macchiato to ease the nerves. I waited for a couple of minutes for my order and while waiting I played out how I wanted everything to happen in my head. I planned it to go like this: I would confess to Shan, she would cry and tell me she liked me too, then we would go back to the concert together, and finally we would live happily ever. Hopefully it goes like this. I hear my name get called then I pick up my drink then get going.

The drive felt like forever. I was a couple blocks away and I felt my heart pounding faster and my hands getting cold. "Snap out of it Niall. You came this far. You're not gonna waste this chance. Who knows maybe tomorrow she's gonna be taken already? So grab your chance and confess now." I tell myself.

As I pull up near Shan's driveway and get out the car I see her getting out of a car but with another guy. Who is this guy? and what is he doing with my girl? He better not be messing with her or anything. I was going near her but I suddenly see her hug the guy. My heart broke into a thousand pieces. I felt my knees grow weak. Tears formed and I froze in place not knowing what to do. I turned my back and decided to go away.

    I wanted to leave, I didn't care if any of Shan's neighbors saw me crying. I couldn't take the pain anymore. It hurt so much. I can't do the concert tonight. My fans deserve better than seeing me like this, broke. Let them call me unprofessional or selfish, but I don't care. It just hurts so much. I just want to drive and drive and get away from this place as much as I can. I want to forget everything. I want to forget Shan and how she hurt me. I know that I don't have the right to feel this way since I'm not her anything, but it just hurts so much. It's like my heart is being stabbed a thousands times by a million little daggers. I look at my phone and I see a ton of messages left by my manager, the members, and surprisingly Shan. I didn't bother to read or reply to any of them. I just increased my speed and turned up the volume of the music in my car. As the music played, my tears continued to flow and I didn't hear the horns of the truck speeding into the side of my car. I brace myself for the impact. As the truck hit my car, everything just faded to black.