1- Moving Day (Pilot)

Chapter 1 | Moving Day

Welcome to this book, which is full of ups and downs, lefts and rights, and twists and turns *insert evil laugh*

So I have put a lot of time and effort of my life writing this book. Because if this, please do not use any ideas from my book. They all came from my head, not someone elses, and I'd appreciate it if it stayed that way.

The girl on the cover is how I myself image Kirsten. You guys can imagine her however you want though, which is the reason I don't use a permanent cast!

One more thing, it's more logical to read the chapters in order.

~~~~~~~

Today is one of the worst days of my life. The most utterly catastrophic twenty-four hours that the world could offer me at this moment.

Why?

Because, I'm moving all the way across the United States.

My family, and myself, pile into the car with our heaping ton of luggage in tow. It may just be my imagination, but the car slightly dips underneath the weight of our carry-ons. Mine― to no one's surprise― is the most bulky, filled with my one true love: food.

Reaching into the plump bag, I pull out a bag of Ruffles. They're my favorite chips of all time; I just can't seem to get enough of them.

Meanwhile, I bask in the bright sun that streams through the tinted windows of our black Jeep. It's an attempt to get just few more minutes of the scorching sun's familiar warmth, before it's gone forever when we drive over to our new home. It's one that will never compare to Florida's heat, or the memories this place holds.

Drum roll please . . . Michigan. Only one thousand, four hundred long miles away from here.

We were supposed to be on the road to the airport about an hour ago, but our Labrador German Shepard mix, Sultan, decided it would be a nice time to puke all over the neighbor's front porch. Don't ask how it happened or how he even got there, I don't even know myself.

The only good thing about this situation is that we aren't going to see that old cat lady again. Boy, was she mad. I was extremely taken aback on how fast her old and withering muscles could swing a cane.

"You ready for a road trip?" asks my father, who in my opinion is currently too happy about the move. But then again, he isn't the one leaving his bestfriend.

He throws his hands straight into the air and does a little cha-cha dance in a circle. It causes his brown and thinning hair (but you didn't hear that from me) to become a messy disaster due to the humid winds. Once he realizes this, he hurriedly jumps in the car for shelter.

"Sure," I huff. My blue hued eyes I inherited from my mother roll at his all too familiar antics.

"It will be really fun," my mother says in a sing-song voice from the passenger seat before turning her body to face me. Excitement radiates in her features as well, a feeling I don't reciprocate.

"Mhm. Fantastic," I mumble in a half-hearted agreement.

I'm definitely not leaping with joy about the move. We're leaving Miami where I've grown up for 16 years, met my bestfriend, got my first dog, learned how to swim, ride a bike, read, and the list goes on and on.

How exciting it's going to be, moving to some state no one rants about. You never hear "Let's go to Michigan to get a nice tan!" or "I had so much fun in Michigan swimming with manatees!" Do you? At least Florida has tons of attractions, especially Disney World.