50- Eyes Speak Better Than The Mouth

Chapter 50 | Eyes Speak Better Than The Mouth

I've been watching Teen Wolf, and believe me when I say, I'm extremely addicted. Scott is my favorite, but Stiles is a close second.

Qotc is what's your favorite series to watch on Netflix/Amazon Prime?

~~~~~~

I dreaded going to first period. The reason being is, I was worried Victoria would come at me. I wouldn't put it past her to wait for me to be separated from my friends until doing so.

But I was wrong. I didn't hear a peep from her during the whole period, which is very uncharacteristic for an attention hogger like her. In fact, I don't think she glanced my way once. I could be wrong through, I was too busy getting a nap in while the rest of the class focused on learning boring review.

One thing has been bothering me throughout the day, however. It keeps reoccuring in my thoughts, no matter how hard I try to push it away. A topic that gives me not butterflies in my stomach, but pterodactyls.

The kiss.

Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with it. In fact, it was one of the best things that had ever happened to me since I've moved here. But despite that, a specific thing about it leaves me irresolute. I'll confront Noah about it as soon as he gets to lunch.

As I'm about to turn a corner towards the lunchroom, I suddenly feel a series of soft taps on my shoulder. I swivel my head to the side, just in time to view Axel's bright smile.

"Yo yo yo, wattup Clumsy," he says, slowing down his strides to fall in step beside me. Today he wears a maroon polo, matching it with dark blue denim jeans and black nikes.

"Hey Axel."

I return his smile, although it probably looks half hearted because I'm so lost in my thoughts.

His eyebrows raise, attention pinpointed right underneath my eyes. "Woah, what happened to you? The bags under your eyes look like they need a shopping cart," he jokes, soon after going into hysterics at his own work.

I throw my hands up in the air, simultaneously giving him a deadly glare. "Gee, thanks. You always seem to come up with something new every day, don't you?"

Instant regret washes up on his previously bubbly lineaments. For the better, he picks up the smarts to change the subject.

"Sooo, how was yesterday with Chance? Was it good, or . . ."

At the mention of that particular name, the individual hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Axel doesn't seem to notice and retreats his green gaze, instead directing it towards his hands. Their thumbs are casually hooked in his pockets, making his jeans sag.

I'm not going to say that I hadn't expected my friends to ask about yesterday. They know where I went after school. But still, it takes me by surprise when he asks me the question I absolutely don't want to answer.

Thankfully, Axel keeps on going with whatever he has to say; he doesn't pause for more than a mere couple seconds before firing more questions.

"Did you consider it a date? How many dates have you had with this dude anyways?" He inquires.

Okay, now this is getting a bit suspicious. Axel's a very close friend and all, but I'm sure he would never be this interested in what I consider a date, or even however many I've had.

"Why?" I ask dubiously, narrowing my eyes at his bulky frame. It's also a sly way of avoiding the question, which I really really really don't want to say aloud.