12- The Roller Rink

Chapter 12 | The Roller Rink

Above is a picture of how I imagine Sultan!! This actually is my image lol.
----------

"That's too bland."

"Well I don't have anything else, Taylor!"

I currently sit on my bed while Taylor destroys my closet and gives me snarky comments on my fashion sende. Clothes seem .to fling at me each second, all a different assortment of sizes, styles, and colors of the rainbow.

She had come over with me after detention and is trying to find me something to wear when I meet up with Chance later, but so far she isn't happy with her choices. I have already suggested that I can wear what I already have on my body instead of dirtying another outfit, but she blows me over everytime I ask, going back to rummaging in the gloomy depths of my closet.

Taylor sighs, a sound that's faint due to her back turned to me."There has to be something."

"I'm telling you, I'm not a dressy person. There's nothing in there. I have lived my life happy in the land of normal T-shirts."

"No. There has to be some-" She cuts herself off mid word, a large gasp filling the room that echoes in the closet. "Here we go!" she yells happily, diverting herself away from the closet wearing a triumphant gargantuan grin on her lips.

In her hands she holds an Ambercromie plain white T-shirt(What a surprise) that has a denim jean jacket hanging around it on the flimsy hanger. She raises them both up to her face, wriggling them back and forth.

I had forgotten I even owned those clothes, for I hadn't worn them since I went to a festival with Mary Kate in Miami. It was a one and done kind of deal, and I never planned on wearing them again.

"Meh," I respond, giving her a shrug of my shoulders. My hands run over Sultan's fluffy mixed colored pelt, which I pretend takes up all of my attention.

"C'mon Kirst. You have to look quite pulchritudinous." She drawls out the last word, overexagerrating it's syllables. I smile, briefly rolling my eyes at her playfulness.

"Pulchritudinous? Really?"

"I learned it in English today," she explains briefly before shoving the two pieces of clothing in my hands.
"Now get dressed."

"It's not a date, we just wanted to get to know each other, so I don't understand why I have to-"

Taylor intercepts my sentence, causing me to swallow my words. "He's still a boy. That is that."

"But Tay-"

"Don't even try. I'm still hurt you didn't text me as soon as this happened."

I open my mouth, narrowing my blue orbs at her.

She is mad at me because she believes I should've called her straight away when Chance invited me out. Her argument was that I should tell her this kind of stuff right away. My argument was that I was in class.

"Okay Taylor," I sarcastically agree, a bemused expression on my face as I reluctantly grab the stupid clothes. Remind me why I'm friends with her? Just kidding, I secretly love her and her malevolent ways.