22- I've Always Heard Girls Are Into Older Guys

Chapter 22 | I've Always Heard Girls Are Into Older Guys

°••°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•°°

My ego is completely thrown out of my metaphorical grasp and viciously stepped on by the universe until it's completely flattened as we collided. I one hundred percent jinxed my day when I had though the day couldn't have gotten worse.

I secretly glare at the circular white speaker that's directly above our table, which is the culprit of the awfully loud noise and whole breaking up Chance and I situation. We just had to unintentionally pick the table right below the blasting bell.

I should've went to the library. The blow to my somewhat normal ego would've been way less harsh, even if I was getting shushed by an old lady on a regular basis.

Finally, I dare to lower my gaze to the cute boy in front of me. I can tell he attempts to keep his cool, but the more I study him, the more he seems sort of dazed.

"Ow," he mutters, pulling back from me and removing his hand from my cheek to his forehead. That's all I needed as confirmation.

"Are you okay?" I asked timidly. I could just feel my face flush in embarrassment. Part of me wants to go die in a hole right about now. Anything to escape my discomfort.

Out of the two of us he definitely took the brunt of the impact, so I am surprised when he laughs, retracting his hand from his forehead. "I'm fine."

With nothing else readily available in mind to say, we fall into an awkward silence. It gives my brain enough time to wander around in girlish thoughts, which I can't control. My eyes train onto his lips once more, slightly disappointed.

He finally speaks up after a long couple of seconds, forcing me to tear my gaze away almost guiltily. I can't tell if he noticed, but if he did he doesn't show it.

"Let's go to class," he tells me.

I hadn't noticed before, but by this time almost everyone had evacuated the lunchroom, only a few stragglers left meandering around aimlessly. My eyes trail over them, as if they're searching for Noah. He seem the type to skip class, with a reputation like his.

As soon as my brain catches up with what I'm doing, I force my eyes to snap back to the boy in front of me. I'm mad at Noah, so why am I subconciously looking for him? He could move into a completely different state and I couldn't care a less.

"Okay," I respond, rising from the seat and heading to my locker. Surprisingly, Chance ensues me, falling in step with my short strides with ease.

"Let's play a game," he pipes up, gazing down at me with a smirk. As I meet his amber eyes he wriggles his dark eyebrows teasingly. I'm just grateful that nothing was awkward anymore, so I respond more than happily.

"What game?"

"It's called a Q and A. I want to know more about you ," he explains.

I raise my eyebrows. For some reason, the manner in which he had said it reminds me a whole lot of YouTuber. Imagine, Chance with a YouTube channel.

Clearly confused at my reaction, he begins to explain. "It means quest-"

"I know, Chance," I interrupt. "Sure, let's play it."

"Okay, I'm starting off," he insists.

"Alright then," I agree.

I'm unhealthily curious on what he has to ask me, but I don't expect it to be too bad. I'd only have to be worried if I was playing with Axel. Who knows the things that boy would think up?