Chapter 13

C H A P T E R  1 3

With a teeny tiny bounce on her step, she got on the platform and took a seat. The old witch placed the hat on her head who started speaking to her.

"Hmm. A clever mind." The hat's voice startled her, eyes widening in shock and amazament.

"Very much like your mother. There's the want to prove yourself, kindness, and the want to protect." The hat listed off, Victoria only waited in silence. Although, the part where the hat said she was like her mother because her mother is very different.

"Your mother faired well in that house and I will assume that so will you." It told her before shouting, "SLYTHERIN!"

"We got Preston!" Someone cheered and the whole table followed.

Victoria just wants to face palm because the same thing happened to her brother the last time, or that's what he told her when she asked how his sorting went.

With flaming cheeks she walked in embarrassment to the table she'll be dining in for the next 7 years.

After the Sorting, Dumbledore stood up, probably to start his yearly speech.

"Welcome and welcome back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Before I start my yearly rants about the school's rules, I believe everyone are yet starving. By all means then, let the feast, first, begin." He said followed by students getting everything they see in on their plates for the food had finally appeared.

Julian placed cuisines familiar to his taste when he felt someone staring at him, he looked up from his food to see Harry Potter's gaze burned on him.

"Anything wrong, Harry?" He asked the boy who flushed red, embarrassed for getting caught.

"Sorry, it's just you look familiar. You kind of look like someone I met on the train earlier."

"Oh, you mean my sister? Victoria?" He clarified, not wanting to assume wrongly because what if Harry met another person who had some striking resemblance to him?

"Oh, so, you're her older brother?" Ron says in between munching on his chicken.

"Yep. Victoria's most handsome brother, Julian Mishael Preston." He winked playfully. Ron tried to stifle a laughter while Harry couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips.

"Most handsome 'cause you are his only brother, idiot. But if you had another sibling, that might be a whole different story." Cassandra Gemini Riggs slapped him on the back of his head playfully.

"By the way I'm Cassandra Riggs, the unfortunate person that has to put up with this moron." The girl introduced herself to the first years who nodded in acknowledgement.

"Why unfortunate? Isn't it supposed to be lucky?" Julian joked.

"Unfortunate, because I have to put up with every stupid ideas that comes in that head of yours and, because I couldn't get anyone who has the same likes that I have, except for you, who is unfortunately the most anoying llama ever." She stated in what seemed like a serious manner (but, not really. that's just how their friendship works) while tucking back her blonde wavy hair.

"Well, that sucks, because you're going to be stuck with this annoying llama for the rest of your life." Julian mocked, earning himself an eye roll from the girl.

"If I didn't know you guys personally, I'd think you guys are a couple." Fred commented, making the two fake vomit. The idea of dating each other horrendous for them.

"But, wait. You are in Gryffindor and Victoria's in Slytherin?" Harry asked confused with the idea.

"Well, not everyone's the same, Harry. And besides, it's where you will prosper more as a wizard that the sorting hat goes with. If it thinks you'll fair well in Gryffindor then it'll place you in Gryffindor."

"I'm just curious. It's pretty understandable that Gryffindor cheered when they got Harry. But, why did Slytherin cheer for Victoria? Did they do the same to you as well?" Hermione piped in, after taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"Well, the Preston family has been kept pure for generations. My father is an only son, if we were to trace our lineage back to the older generations, somewhere along those lineage you'll find two of the Hogwarts founders, Godric Gryffindor and Helga Hufflepuff." Julian took a sip off his goblet.

"My mother, who was from Slytherin, Margarett Kendricks is also the only child of my grandparents who came from America. Her family, also kept pure, and if their lineage were to be traced back, we'll be able to find Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Although, they did not marry each other or anything, their descendants somehow got together and was able to keep pure and thus, our family." The boy smiled, shrugging as he ended his explanation.

"Wait, you didn't tell us you're related to Salazar Slytherin." Fred piped in, a piece of chicken in hand.

"I haven't really saw a proof to that because the tapestries we have at home are father's and the only one my mother brought with her. But, grandma used to tell me that we were descendants of Slytherin and yada yada but it could just be her old age, y'know?"

"You never told us about the Slytherin part!" George pointed an accusing finger at Julian who merely shrugged.

"You never even asked."

After the delightful dinner, the first years were brought to their common rooms, in Victoria's case, to the dungeons.

She's currently chatting up with a new found friend named Jullienne Harper, halting to listen for the common room's password.

"I hope we end up room mates, the others seem so --" Jullienne had to stop to look for a word to describe the other first years.

"Snobby? Rich? Racist? Annoying?" Victoria tries to help her with her own adjectives of the people she was sorted with.

"Ermm--" Jullienne shifted uncomfortably in her place beside the girl. Victoria chuckled at her friend's expense.

"It's alright, Jullienne. No one's going to hate on you for your opinion. At least, not when you're with me." She winked cheekily.

Turns out, Victoria was indeed roommates with Jullienne and she couldn't get any happier.

Pansy Parkinson was trying to be in her good side earlier in the common rooms so, she evaded to her room and decided to prepare for bed.

As she slipped on the duvets of her new bed, she couldn't help the happy sigh because finally she gets to live like she wants to and no more mother watching her every move like a hawk watching its prey.