Chapter 52

C H A P T E R 5 2

Everyone was kept on their toes as they waited for some time now. Not a single trace of the champions in sight.

"Are they dead?" Thunder blurted out, as he took off his hat and messed with his hair.

Jullienne smacked him on the arm.

"For Merlin's sake, Thunder! Don't say such things."

"If I knew better, you're jealous, Thunder." Victoria mused, a small smile on her lips. Draco and Blaise laughed at that.

"I feel so attacked right now." Thunder feigned hurt, clutching on his chest dramatically. Jullienne simply rolled her eyes at his antics.

It took a couple more minutes of waiting before Viktor Krum finally made it with Hermione Granger on his arms and Victoria's eyes widened at that. If Hermione was Krum's treasure then the rest were humans too, and if the others don't find them---

Victoria shuddered at the thought as the others cheered around her. If Cedric and Victoria were right with their conclusion, there are merpeople in the black lake -- it would be very nasty if the champions won't find them, Victoria assumes.

With bated breath she waited, very much worried for Harry. He's just a fourth year! They haven't even take Bubble Head charm yet! She felt someone squeezing gently on her hand, she looked at Draco beside her who only smiled at her.

And yep, the zoo was trampling around her stomach but Draco doesn't need to know about that. Victoria's pretty sure he's much aware with the blush spreading on her cheeks.

Before the hour was finished, two students were able to make their way on the surface and that shocking red hair has to be Ronald Weasley, Victoria rushed to the railings as she watched the two struggled to make their way to the landing.

Where in Merlin's soggy underpants is Harry Potter?

At the last minute, he came out and Victoria felt like just coming out from the water herself with all the breath she just held while waiting.

"If I knew better, you actually fancy Potter." The four turned their heads to Thunder who looked nonchalant not aware with the weight of his words.

Jullienne smacked him on the arm, whilst Blaise shook his head at his idiot friend. Draco remained silent and Victoria just knew that they have some talking to do. She felt him move away the slightest but she felt it and the hold on her hand has become quite loose.

She clasped on to his hand. Because, no. She's not going to let him go, not when she thinks she found that love her mother told her about.

Draco Malfoy gives her the want and need to care even though she doesn't want to anymore. Because, caring only gives pain and she doesn't want anymore pain. But, he makes her want to risk everything.

And that's exactly what she's going to do.

She hugged him. It was really random, but she hugged him. She took a deep breath in, taking a lung full of his scent.

Draco turned his mercurial eyes on her and she smiled.

Draco became pretty distant after the event. Victoria knows exactly why.

She tried talking to him but he's closed off. Thus, she reckon that he needs time to think. But, not before kissing his cheek and squeezing him in a hug.