Chapter 50

C H A P T E R  5 0

They were back in no time. At least, that's what it felt like for Victoria. By the time the train made it to the station, she feels that she's emotionally and mentally prepared for the rest of the school year.

But, she was proven wrong when Draco grabbed her by the hand and took her to the clearing in the Forbidden Forest.

She never really talked to anyone about the heavy weight she's been carrying around -- not unless, if you count that time when she came out of her room after three days and asked her father how to get over it.

When Julian came back, they weren't able to talk really because he stayed holed up in his room to pack up his belongings for school.

And they didn't talk about it on the way to Hogwarts, either.

The whole train ride was spent in silence really.

"How was home?" As the words left Draco's lips, the dam broke and Victoria's veneer came crumbling down.

Draco panicked. Because, who in the name of Merlin's soggy underwear wouldn't?

Your girlfriend comes back from holiday break and you take them out and ask them how their break was and they break down! How in the bloody tarnation is he supposed to react to that?

With shaking hands, he did what he thought best and hugged her tightly.

His hand rubbing soft circles around her back, as he swayed the both of them back and forth from their place.

The girl could only do so much as to grasp onto his robes firmly and release heart-wrenching sobs.

Draco couldn't grasp his whirlwind of emotions. He's confused, worried, scared, and in pain. It felt really weird because he always, has been, in control of his emotions.

But, it never really was the case with Victoria. After all, she causes him to feel things he doesn't even understand.

They stood there, Draco holding Victoria in his arms until the heavy sobs turned into soft sniffles.

Jullienne was frowning when she saw her friend from her walk with Draco. She knew something was wrong when she saw Victoria making her way to their shared dormitory to store her things.

Jullienne wasn't able to whisk her best friend for a talk, Thunder and Blaise made sure of that.

"Vicky!" Thunder waved their friend over who smiled at their direction and separated ways with Draco.

"How's the ball?" Victoria asked, a small smile on her face. Jullienne knew better, however.

She felt it before she could see it. And she reckons the others feel it too, Victoria can try and hide how she feels but her emotions will always find a way of making themselves known.

"It was great!" Thunder grinned, Blaise only groaned in response. The boys then proceeded to tell their experience with the ball, Jullienne joining in their exaggeration of the events that took place.

"Vi." The girl turned her head to the bushy haired witch beside her.

"What is it, Mione?"

"I'm sorry about your mother." Her head never turned as fast as it did that moment. How did Hermione know about that?